8 REASONS WHY TURMERIC MILK IS SO GOOD : 4th YOU ALL WILL KNOW
Haldi doodh or turmeric milk or golden milk, as it is being called in fashionable circles these days, is a healing recipe that has been used to cure a variety of ailments since centuries. For every common health problem like the flu or a stomach bug or muscle pain or cramps,the treatment most grandmas still swear by is a nice hot glass of haldi doodh. This beautiful and yummy golden yellow drink is an elixir for those who have a tendency to become easy targets for all sorts of infections prevalent these days. There are a gazillion reasons why Turmeric milk is so good and why you must also start drinking a glass of haldi milk at night before going to bed.
8 REASONS WHY TURMERIC MILK IS SO GOOD
1)Curcumin is the main constituent of turmeric is a phytochemical. It is this substance that carries all the therapeutic benefits. Curcumin has the ability to keep the body warm. It is thus helpful in treating congested sinuses and lung infections. The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin help in curbing the action of pro inflammatory chemicals in the body. These substances are known for triggering inflammation of air passages especially in the presence of allergens. By reducing their activity, curcumin helps in easing the air passages and making breathing easy.
2) The antioxidant properties of curcumin help in slowing down the aging process of the body. This happens when the Reactive Oxygen Species or free radicals are neutralized by curcumin and oxidative stress is reduced. This process helps in keeping the eyes and the brain healthy. It also strengthens the immune system to keep infections at bay. It is just as effective an antioxidant as fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C and E.
3) Regular consumption of haldi doodh will keep painful migraines away. The key reason behind migraines is the inflammation of the sensory neurons. The strong anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin help in attenuating the body’s sensitivity to pain stimuli thereby bringing down the discomfort.
And the most commonly used benefit of Turmeric Milk
4) In case of the flu, haldi doodh can act as a protective tonic to keep most strains of the infection away.
A study published in the journal of Emerging Infectious Diseases states that when cells infected by influenza were subjected to Curcumin in a laboratory, the replication of the virus was reduced by almost 90%. This means that when someone suffering from influenza is given a small dose of Curcumin, not only does the replication stop in the infected cells but the healthy cells are also protected from getting infected.
5) Curcumin is a mood elevator. It helps the body relax and calm down. This is because it increases the amount of chemicals like noradrenalin and serotonin in the brain and also doubles the production of dopamine which is responsible for the feeling of pain and joy in humans. As a result, a glass of warm haldi doodh right before going to bed acts as a soother that can lull you to sleep and ensure that you wake up fresh and full of energy.
6) Curcumin is a great detoxifier especially since it is such a strong antioxidant. The toxins that build up in the body over time create free radicals that in turn cause oxidative stress. This leads to anxiety, depression and insomnia. Curcumin negates the effect of oxidative stress by neutralizing the free radicals.
7) Curcumin improves the metabolism of the body by making the digestive system work more efficiently. This helps in managing weight.
8) The antioxidant powers of curcumin help in de-stressing the skin by neutralizing harmful reactive oxygen species that cause premature aging and make the skin look dull and lifeless. Oxidative stress in the body is the primary cause of older looking skin. Curcumin meditates it. Drinking a glass full of haldi doodh everyday will ensure that your skin remains supple and smooth for years to come.
How Lactoturm from Bagdara Farms Help?
While buying curcumin powder one has to be very careful these days since there is rampant adulteration in the food industry. Adulterated, chemical laced curcumin can cause poisoning. Additionally the artificial colour that is added to curcumin powder in order for it to look more attractive, causes cancer. Thus, it is of utmost importance that the curcumin powder used in haldi doodh is totally natural and organic. Lactoturm a product of Bagdara Farms is developed keeping this very need in mind. It is made from curcumin that is neither treated with chemical insecticides and pesticides and nor is it artificially coloured or tampered with otherwise. Now, you know why Turmeric milk is so good and why Lactoturm is a must buy. Buy from here.