I live near a good engineering school in Delhi and it is not very rare for me to come across groups of young boys and girls in shady alleys sneaking a forbidden cigarette away from the disapproving eyes of adults. In fact, very often my sensitive nose picks up the smell of pot being smoked up too. Hookah bars have sprouted all around the neighbourhood, alluring the youth with their tantalizingly exotic offerings. Then there is a new era of e-cigarettes too that is slowly dawning upon India after having conquered the West. Vaping has become the new fashion statement amongst kids in the metros today. These e-cigarette manufacturers have become so very innovative that they are coming up with fancy devices like the pen- drive-shaped JUUL. Young students find such devices quite convenient especially since they can easily sneak them in classrooms and take puffs without anyone even noticing. Parents are unable to decipher what these devices are since they look just like any ordinary flash drive.
All these new-fangled smoking methods and devices are just as bad as the original cigarette since all of them contain the harmful and highly addictive nicotine. Nicotine is responsible for stimulating the production of the neurotransmitter dopamine that elevates the mood and brings about a carefree, happy feeling. However, this feeling is short-lived and in order to continue experiencing the same level of pleasure, a smoker feels the urge to smoke cigarettes one after the other. The body’s reaction to nicotine also starts to drop over a period of time which means that after some time the same amount of nicotine does not result in the same amount of pleasure and hence the body craves for more number of cigarettes. Smoking adversely affects many of our organs.
- Smoking causes major respiratory problems like COPD, Chronic bronchitis etc.
- Cardiovascular disorders are also triggered by prolonged smoking
- Strokes can also be set off by regular smoking
- Passive smoking can trigger a variety of deformities in children.
- Different forms of cancer, especially lung cancer, are caused by exposure to tobacco smoking for long.
Amongst many typical methods of getting rid of nicotine addiction like nicotine patches, gum etc, curcumin therapy has started to gain huge popularity amongst smokers especially since it is natural and without any side effects. Curcumin is a natural polyphenol found in turmeric, It has been blessed with a large cache of therapeutic properties that make it very beneficial in the treatment of a variety of diseases.
Some advantages of consuming curcumin regularly when trying to get rid of nicotine addiction are as follows:
- Curcumin has very potent antioxidant and anti-cancer properties that can aid the body in flushing out the tobacco and nicotine-induced toxins from the body thus reducing the chances of developing different forms of cancer.
- Regular consumption of curcumin improves an individual’s lung capacity which means that the amount of oxygen that can be inhaled in one breath increases when a curcumin supplement is included in one’s daily diet.
- Nicotine causes oxidative stress in the respiratory system. Curcumin, being a strong antioxidant, brings down the lipid peroxidation level and also increases the number of antioxidant enzymes thus protecting the lungs from oxidative damage.
- Curcumin is known to trigger cell death or apoptosis in cancer cells thus slowing down the progress smoking-induced cancer. It also hampers cell proliferation thereby discouraging metastasis.
- Nicotine is also known to cause damage to the DNA. Regular consumption of a curcumin supplement helps in preventing the formation of mutagens.
- Curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in bringing down the tobacco-induced inflammation of the airways in the lungs. This helps in improving the breathing process. Curcumin also promotes the activation of immune cells in the lung fluids thus making COPD triggered by smoking less severe.
Fukamin-a is a fantastic product launched by Bagdara Farms that can help smokers quit smoking as well as reduce the harmful effects of years of tobacco and nicotine exposure. It is made using curcumin that is locally cultivated using organic methods of farming. This ensures that the curcumin produced is 100% pure and natural and does not contain any unwanted chemical residues. When consumed on a regular basis, Fukamin-a acts like a natural anti-smoking agent and helps even the most compulsive smokers Quit Smoking of all types. Try Fukamin-a today and get rid of this nasty habit forever!