Heart is an important blood pumping organ in our body and along with arteries and veins comprises of the cardiovascular system. Arteries and veins are tube like structures called blood vessels which help to take oxygenated or pure heart from heart to different parts of the body and impure or deoxygenated blood from the various parts of the body to the heart for purification.
Arteries have a muscular tissue lining and since they are functioning non-stop, they tend to develop a problem over time. One of the major problems in arteries is their blockage which can disrupt the normal flow of blood causing harm.
Cholesterol is a type of fat which travels through the bloodstream in small molecules wrapped inside proteins called lipoproteins. Cholesterol can also be of two types- LDL (low-density lipoproteins) and HDL (high density lipoproteins) While HDL is the good cholesterol, LDL is the bad cholesterol that can build up in the arteries and restrict/ block the blood flow. Therefore, lower the LDL level and higher the HDL level, better it is for one’s well being.
So how does LDL damage the arteries? LDL has the ability to form plaques which restrict the blood flow. Plaques can also rupture and spill its contents of cholesterol, fats and waste products into the blood vessel and subsequently form a clot. A clot in one of the arteries of heart can cause heart attack and if the clot travels to the brain, it may cause a stroke. Let’s have a closer and deeper look at clots and strokes.
Our blood has certain clotting factors to ensure that we do not die of any kind of bleeding if hurt. Certain health conditions like hypertension and atheroslcerosis can cause the occurrence of thrombosis which is blood clot formation. When this clot blocks the blood flow to the heart or brain, a heart attack or stroke can occur.
There are two types of strokes:
- Ischemic stroke– this type of stroke happens when a fatty deposit or clot blocks an artery supplying blood to the brain. 80 % of the strokes are ischemic.
- Haemorrhagic stroke- this type of stroke happens when an artery bursts open and are caused by aneurysm (weakness or bulge in the wall of the blood vessel) 20% strokes are haemorrhagic in nature.
An embolism may turn out to be very dangerous once it travels around the body and lodges itself onto an organ.
Some of the symptoms of a blood clot are mostly dependent on its location in the body.
- If the clot is in the brain:
- Loss of vision
- Speech impairment
- Facial weakness
- Loss of coordination
- Difficulty understanding others2. If the clot is in and around the heart
- Heart attack
- Severe radiating chest pain
- Shortness of breath3. If the clot is in the lungs
- Low grade fever
- Elevated heart rate
- Blood on coughing
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath4. If the clot is in the limb
- Swelling and discolouration in the affected area
Some of the risk factors for clot formation are:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Use of contraceptive pills
Tips for Healthy Heart
Bagdara Farms has produced an artery-friendly product called Artemin which has the richness of curcumin and turmerone- two of the most powerful phytochemicals. It is a non-GMO product and is produced in the most organic way and can be consumed without the fear of any chemicals.
- Since curcumin and turmerone both have antioxidant property, they both work in combination to regulate the levels of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, thus helping to improve the overall metabolic health and prevent atherosclerosis.
- The antiplatelet and anticoagulant activity of curcumin can help to prevent thrombosis or formation of blood clots and thus, strokes.
- Curcumin and turmerone also help to regulate and control the blood pressure by acting on various enzymes. If the blood pressure does not go high, the chance of a stroke or a heart attack also becomes low.
- Turmerone and curcumin act as vasorelaxants, hence reducing the blockages in the heart. It can also reduce the motor impairment seen in the case of a stroke.
It is to be kept in mind that, this product should be given only to individuals of 10 years of age and above as per the following dosages:
- Make a paste of ½ cup Artemin and 250ml of water. Bring it to a boil then simmer till a thick paste is formed. Add ½ tsp of black pepper , ½ cup cold pressed coconut oil when the mix has cooled little. This mixture can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks. Add ½ tsp of this paste to 1 cup of milk and drink it twice daily.
- Take ½ tsp of Artemin, a pinch of black pepper and boil it with a glass of hot water. Once boiled, ass a dash of honey and consume it twice daily.
Buy Artemin now and keep your heart healthy naturally.