These Unknown Facts About Curcumin About Surprise You-
Curcumin is one of the best known superfoods of today. It is one of the important components of turmeric or Curcuma longa whose magical health benefits have been in vogue since time immemorial. Turmeric is used as a common spice to give nice golden colour and aromatic flavour to many cuisines in Asian countries. Curcumin is known to take care of various diseases, all thanks to her anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibiotic and anti-cancer properties.
Here, we are going to list a few unknown facts about the use of curcumin.
- Many research studies show that regular intake of curcumin can help to extend one’s lifespan.
- Along with preventing the occurrence of degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, curcumin can also improve the spatial memory of an individual.
- Postoperative fatigue can at times slow down the healing process. Curcumin reduces this fatigue and helps in the faster recovery process.
- They are a good substitute for the harmful steroids while treating a few conditions like chronic eye inflammation.
- Studies have shown that consumption of curcumin supplements can help in reducing the risk of leukemia in kids.
- It can be used to treat and even reverse the symptoms of diabetes which is great.
- Curcumin is known to stimulate the gall bladder to produce bile which in turn aids in better emulsification and digestion of fat.
- The antiviral activity of curcumin against adenoviruses, influenza viruses and even HIV etc is quite potent. Similarly, it also exhibits great antifungal activities against Candida albicans by inhibiting the development of hyphae.
- In case of a spinal injury, curcumin inhibits cell death and loss of neurons, thus showing improved neurological deficit even after a few days after the injury.
- Curcumin works wonders in tackling depression by increasing the levels of hippocampal BDNF. It also improves memory and mood in many individuals.
- Metal poisoning is a serious matter and needs to be attended to immediately. Curcumin protects the DNA from damage by arsenic, selenium and fluoride toxicity.
- Curcumin is considered to be very good for eye health. It is shown to delay cataract development in rats.
- By inhibiting the release of cytokines leading to inflammation, curcumin slows down the process of aging.
- In patients with arthritis, curcumin intake is shown to regenerate cartilage and also reduces the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Curcumin is also very good for prostate health as it induces cell death in human prostate tumour cells.
- It protects the liver from aflatoxin which if left untreated can lead to an ugly episode of food poisoning.
- Curcumin is a great source of antioxidants which optimizes vitality by curbing the formation of free radicals.
- It reduces the symptoms of bloating and gas related to indigestion and reduces the excess inflammation in the inner gut lining.
- Hormones are the chemical messengers of our body which are secreted in very small amounts but are very important for the normal functioning of the body. A slight imbalance in the hormonal levels can create havoc in the body. To avoid this hormonal disturbance, regular consumption of curcumin can help in maintaining hormone levels. It cleanses the blood out of toxicity and also supports the health of all the glands and organs concerned with the hormone production.
One must incorporate curcumin in their daily diet in the correct manner in order to experience the benefits of curcumin. Happy and healthy living!