Most of us have experienced the pain of having cavity-riddled teeth. When one has decaying teeth, eating cold ice cream or drinking hot coffee, both become unattainable pleasures. Frequent trips to the dentist become a norm. Hot fermentation methods and painkillers only provide momentary relief from the agony and paying attention to daily tasks at home and at the workplace becomes an arduous challenge.
Sleeping well at night becomes a distant dream too in some advanced cases. Tooth decay occurs dental cavities that form a perfect spot for the accumulation of bacteria. Such bacteria are known to process the food particles stuck in cavities and produce a sticky substance known as plaque. This substance, in turn, generates acids that eat into the tooth enamel, making it weak and easily damageable.
It is, therefore, vital to maintaining excellent dental hygiene by brushing your teeth at least twice a day, using mouthwash regularly, and flossing to remove any residual food particles from the gaps in between the teeth.
In addition to all these precautionary measures, using a curcumin-based product for cleaning your teeth can prove to be extremely beneficial as well. Curcumin, a natural polyphenolic pigment found in the spice turmeric, has many therapeutic effects that have been exploited for centuries by Ayurvedic medics to treat a variety of illnesses and health conditions.
Some of the most potent effects of curcumin especially when it comes to keeping the oral cavity decay-free and squeaky clean are as follows:
- Anti-caries effect – Curcumin is a natural solution for preventing caries as it helps in inhibiting the bacterial activity in the mouth. The anti-microbial properties of curcumin help wash off the existing bacterial growth as well as prevents the accumulation of new bacteria. It helps reduce the production of plaque and hence curbs the creation of tooth harming acid.
- Anti-inflammatory effects – In the case of existing cavities, local application of curcumin helps in relieving the pain and discomfort as curcumin pulls down the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes.
- Antioxidant properties –Curcumin powder helps neutralize the inflammation-causing free radicals and thus brings down the level of oxidative stress and relieves pain and swelling caused by cavities.
- Gum protecting properties – Curcumin’s anti-bacterial and anti-plaque effects help keep the gums clean and thus prevents the development of issues like gingivitis.
Oromin is a product created by Bagdara Farms using locally grown curcumin which is organically produced. This amazing product, when used regularly, can help keep the teeth clean and free from cavities and other dental issues. The best part about Oromin is that it contains no artificial chemical residues or pesticides and is, therefore, perfect for all age groups including children. Even if it is accidentally swallowed it will not unleash any harmful side-effects as it is just as beneficial when consumed orally as it is when applied directly to the gums and teeth.
Here are some ways in which Oromin can be used to maintain good dental hygiene.
- Oromin and Guava Leaf Rinse – A teaspoon of Oromin mixed with dried, powdered, guava leaves and some warm water can be used as an oral rinse to prevent the formation of decaying cavities and get relief from pain and inflammation caused by caries.
- Oromin and Mustard Oil Rub – A paste made using a teaspoon of Oromin, salt and mustard oil can be massaged over your teeth and gums to clean them and keep plaque from forming.
- Oromin, Clove Oil, And Coconut Oil Balm – A disinfecting and soothing balm made using coconut oil, clove oil, and Oromin can be used post brushing to ensure that bacterial buildup is avoided. Rinse your mouth with plain water after leaving this on for five minutes.
- Oromin, Baking soda, Lemon Juice Paste – A paste made using Oromin, baking soda, and lemon juice can be used in lieu of regular toothpaste for a few days to clean teeth and gums. This will help keep the mouth disinfected as well as take care of any bad breath causing issues.