Cure Arthritis in Horses with Curcumin
A horse is probably the most majestic animal one can think of and who can forget the beauty and grace of its movements. Imagine many horses galloping freely in a green valley; the sight is incomparable. The majestic changes of this sleek animal are nature’s symphony in motion. But this movement can be hampered by the onset of painful arthritis in horses which is called osteoarthritis or also referred to as degenerative joint disease ( DJD) is the progressive deterioration of the cartilage in the joints. It is not only painful but also hampers the movements of the horse.
Arthritis is a slowly developing chronic disease of the joint in which the joint surface (cartilage) wears down resulting in lameness.
Arthritis in horses is known to occur when there is inflammation of an any joint anywhere in the body. Any joint disease can create inflammation due to fluid in the joint and cause swelling, heat, warmth, and redness of the affected area. And for horses, this condition can be excruciating and cumbersome as they spend 20-22 hours on their feet so not being able to stand can be a cause of concern.
Arthritis is untreatable but can be managed with regular exercise, weight management, etc.
Bacterial infection causes Septic arthritis an acute form of DJD.
—it is difficult to treat and detrimental to the horse
— challenging to get antibiotics into the joint capsule
— familiar in foals that have compromised immune system or systemic disease
—if there is traumatic injury near a joint
The cause of Traumatic arthritis is osteoarthritis, torn ligament, cartilage in the joint area or inflammation of the membrane in the joint capsule. chip fractures.
Symptoms of Arthritis in Horses :
- Joint swelling – most commonly afflicted joints are fetlock, carpus(knee) and hock
- Pain warmth and swelling of joints
- Reluctance to exercise
- Pain in the back
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble walking
Causes of Arthritis in Horses
The most common causes of arthritis in horses are
Diagnosis of Arthritis in Horses
For the vet to make a correct diagnosis, you must provide the medical history of your horse, a thorough physical examination and the knowledge of your horse’s weight, lameness, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate, body temperature
A radiograph will help your vet make the correct prognosis.
Treatment will depend on the type of arthritis your horse has,
Accident( trauma): Rest and physiotherapy along with hot and cold water treatment.
Infection: Your horse might need antibiotics
If your horse shows any of the signs then without a second thought get Mokemine-H.
How Mokemine-H works in Arthritis in Horses?
Mokemine-H is 100% organic thus it does not have any side-effects like the other over the counter medications.
Mokemine-H is Curcumin enriched which is the best known anti-inflammatory agent. This property inhibits:
- The activity of COX enzyme
- Synthesis of prostaglandins
- Production of chemicals which cause inflammation
- The activity of the main protein which regulates inflammation
- Movement of immune cells to the area of injury and pain.
- Curcumin in Mokemine-H regulates COX enzymes thus curbing inflammation and preventing the spread of many diseases.
- Curcumin in Mokemine-H also protects the bone cells.
- The Curcumin in Mokemine-H is also known for its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties thus providing relief from septic arthritis.
- Curcumin in Mokemine-H provides instant relief from painful muscle cramps
- Curcumin in Mokemine-H suppresses the response of the body to TNF(tumor necrosis factor)a chemical produced by the immunity system which is responsible for inflammation connected to the arthritic condition
- The Curcumin strengthens the immune system thus making it durable to fend off all medical issues.
- Mokemine-H helps in reducing pain, and swelling owing to its analgesic property and is much more effective than over the counter medications.
- Mokemine-H helps maintain a healthy weight which is the first step towards managing symptoms.
- It also protects the bones from any erosion and degeneration brought on by arthritis and also prevents thickening of synovial fluids responsible for lubricating the joints.
- It also prevents progression of osteoarthritis by preventing loss of bone tissue.
Scientific proof that Curcumin does help in case of arthritis in horses
A team of scientists with University of Montreal’s faculty of Veterinary medicine used a formula that contained Curcumin, devil’s claw, black currant, willow bark pineapple bromelain and chamomile and to reduce inflammation.
For bone remodeling the used the same ingredients but added dietary supplements such as omega 3, chondroitin sulfate and glutamine.
Two weeks of trying this formula proved that the horses showed improved leg strength and also reduced clinical symptoms of osteoarthritis.
The Best way to give your horse Mokemine-H
- If your horse weighs about 500kg, a heaped tablespoon of turmeric per day (approx. 25mg).
- Start with two tsp of Mokemine-H, two tsp of oil, and 16 freshly grounded black peppers two times a day. Cook these things together in milk or water and then add it to the horse’s meal.
- For the fussy eater, you could add a little apple puree or juice to sweeten it up.
With Mokemine-H your horse can gallop happily to its heart’s delight and content.