Our dogs are just like us in more ways than one, and it is quite evident from the health issues that they face. Most of their health problems are similar to ours, but that in no way means that we are well equipped to understand and recognise the signs and symptoms.
As in the case of humans, diabetes in dogs is also not curable, but it is treatable and manageable.
First, we need to understand what this condition is and what is the link to our dog’s diet and lifestyle?
The Insulin-Glucose Connection
The hormone is responsible for fuelling our body with energy. The pancreas produces it and acts like a ‘goalkeeper’ that tells the cells to snatch glucose ( along with other nutrients) from the bloodstream.
A fuel that is a must for our cells ( responsible for energizing them). Our body gets nutrients from the food that is digested as well as glucose. This is then absorbed and travels through the body in the bloodstream.
When your dog has diabetes that implies that the glucose-insulin connection is not working properly.
In Dogs Diabetes Happens in Two Ways:
- Diabetes that is caused by insulin deficiency- In this case, the dog’s body does not produce enough insulin which means that either the pancreas is either damaged or not working properly.
- Diabetes which is resistant to insulin: in this case that the pancreas produces insulin, but the body is not utilising the same.
Dangers of Diabetes in Dogs:
- Since the cells are not getting the energy that they need in the form of Glucose, the body breaks down fats and proteins to get the nutrients.
- High sugar in the bloodstream means damage to the organs as this high blood sugar is like poison for the organs. The kidneys, eyes, heart and blood vessels and even the nerves each one of the organs is under threat.
Be Warned if the Dog Shows these Signs:
- Excessive thirst
- Increased urination
- Loss of weight
- Increases appetite
- Lack of energy
How Diabetes Affects your Dog’s Health?
- Enlarged liver
- Urinary tract infection
- Kidney failure
- Ketoacidosis( life-threatening condition)
These Conditions Increase the Risk of Diabetes:
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Cushing’s disease
To get the correct prognosis, your vet will run a blood test and suggest exercise and the right diet that will help you manage your dog’s sugar levels.
To place the cherry on top make sure you get Barkumin for your baby as Barkumin from Bagdara farms is the best protection that your dog can get as it is high on the wonder ingredient Curcumin.
- Curcumin is not only useful for its pharmacological properties. It is also abundant in minerals like manganese, iron and potassium and also gives you Vitamin B6.
- Curcumin has a positive effect when it comes to inhibiting damage to the brain due to diabetes. It does so because of a strong neuroprotective action.
- It helps maintain the blood glucose levels in your dog by simply enhancing the insulin production.
- Due to its efficacious anti-glycemic action curcumin cannot only check the sugar levels but also exerts an insulin-sensitising action. This, in turn, works wonders in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
- Curcumin improves pancreas function by promoting the pancreas beta cells which enhances insulin secretion and also helps improve the functioning of the pancreas.
- With obesity being one of the causes of diabetes Curcumin helps take care of this issue by helping you maintain a healthy dog
- The pharmacological properties property of Curcumin benefits checking the levels of cholesterol which ensures that diabetes does not spread and also pancreatic function improves.
- It is a natural anti-diabetic Curcumin can check the progress of diabetes and maintain blood sugar levels.
- By improving the insulin function, Barkumin checks insulin resistance and helps insulin enter the blood cells.
- Barkumin is 100% organic and hence has no side-effects it is the best thing for your dog’s health
Since it provides your dog with the perfect foil to manage your dog’s diabetes, but you are the one who can monitor the sugar levels so give a proper diet you and also exercise is a must. With all of these things, you will be able to take care of your dog’s diabetes and also prevent any damage, Barkumin is the best companion for your MOST LOYAL FRIEND.