Reversing Low Sperm Count and Male Infertility With Curcumin
One of the most critical milestones in a couple’s life is when they decide to start a family. However, the joy of conceiving, carrying and delivering a child is not something that can be attained easily. Today, when stress levels have skyrocketed, it has become prevalent to find desperate couples seeking medical help to deal with their inability to conceive.
For one-third of these couples, the problem lies with the male partner. A shocking study published in a journal called Human Reproduction Update suggested that the average male sperm count has slid by more than 50% in the 40 years that have passed.
There are a variety of reasons for this downfall, most of which stem from an increasingly unfit lifestyle. An excess of alcohol, unhealthy eating habits, a primarily sedentary existence, and an overall need to push oneself beyond the edge to achieve it all are some of the key contributors to this crisis.
There are a few parameters that are considered when studying male fertility. These are as follows:
- Sperm Count – The amount of sperm generated in semen is a good measure of reproductive health. Less than fifteen million sperm per ml of semen is considered to fit in the low sperm count bracket.
- Sperm Motility – The ability of sperm to travel through the vagina and implant an egg is known as sperm motility which is also apparently a factor that defines sperm health.
- Sperm Morphology – The physical features of sperm are also important when it comes to sperm health.
Several natural lifestyle choices can help an individual maintain good sperm health. Exercising regularly, eating a well-balanced, antioxidant-rich diet, avoiding ill-fitting underwear and prolonged hot water baths and keeping your weight in check are all natural ways to safeguard your fertility. Also, consuming a curcumin supplement regularly can go a long way in helping you keep your sperm health intact.
How Curcumin helps to increase the sperm count in males?
Curcumin is a phytochemical that is laden with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and testosterone-boosting properties that are very effective in averting male infertility. Here are some ways in which a curcumin supplement can lift the shroud of infertility and help couples conceive.
- A study conducted by Ayodele Jacob Akinyemi and team on hypertensive rats concluded that a regular curcumin and ginger supplementation could help slow down the activity of arginase, promote the secretion of testosterone, enhance sperm motility, and bring down blood pressure level to improve the overall reproductive function.
- Another study conducted by Melika Izadpanah and team suggests that curcumin can bring down the production of nitric oxide by exerting its antioxidant effects. The study was carried out on varicocele-induced rats, and it showed how by scavenging free radicals, curcumin could reduce the nitric oxide level and increase sperm count.
- Chronic inflammation that is usually a side effect of drinking too much alcohol is also a reason for low sperm count. The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin are potent enough to reduce the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes and chemicals like COX-2, cytokines, etc. to bring down chronic inflammation and thus improve sperm count.
- Too much stress for a prolonged period has an adverse effect on male fertility. Curcumin can help in reversing the negative effects of high stress by promoting the secretion of mood-relaxing neurotransmitters as well as reducing the production of the stress hormone – cortisol.
- Curcumin is very helpful in managing weight issues as well. By promoting healthy liver function, curcumin helps improve the body’s metabolism and thus ensures that the fat burning ability of the body is intact. This indirectly affects male fertility since obesity is also one of the reasons linked to low sperm count.
In case after reading all that is written above, you are convinced that curcumin supplementation is indeed the answer to all your fertility issues, then the next step for you is to zero in on the right supplement. Since curcumin has become such a huge sensation in the fitness world today, there are many curcumin supplements available in the market. However, only a few of these can claim to contain organic, high grade, unadulterated curcumin.
Mexamin-S4 to Increase the Sperm Count
Mexamin-S4 and offering by Bagdara Farms are one of those few choicest supplements that boasts of high-quality curcumin. Made using curcumin that is grown at Bagdara Farms, Mexamin-S4 has no chemical residues since the farming techniques used at Bagdara are 100% natural and organic.
This ensures that taking Mexamin-S4 regularly will not cause any untoward side-effects. If you too would like to start a family but have been grappling with reproductive issues, then go ahead and order a jar of Mexamin-S4. We promise you won’t ever regret your decision!