Gulf War Syndrome Can Be Combated Using Curcumin
CURCUMIN RICH PRODUCTS AT BAGDARA FARMS FOR GULF WAR SYNDROME
The Gulf War is the official name given to the war that was waged by the United States and its allies on Iraq almost three decades ago. Some went on to call it World War 3 since it perpetrated almost the same intensity of devastation as the previous two World Wars. Since so much water has flown under the bridge since then, it is nothing short of horrifying to find out that there are still people in this world who suffer from the ill effects of that calamitous war. As it turns out, there are entirely a few military veterans who served in the Gulf War and are now suffering from a host of myriad and unexplained symptoms that researchers have only recently been able to connect to the Gulf War.
The symptoms that typically surface amongst veterans of the Gulf War and are thereby included under the gamut of symptoms defined by the VA to qualify a veteran for disability benefits are:
1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – This is nothing but a feeling of extreme tiredness that does not dissipate even after plenty of rest.
2) Fibromyalgia – This is a condition in which a person’s body becomes extremely sensitive and achy. Muscles and bones ache continually leading to exhaustion and weariness.
3) Gastrointestinal disorders – Many veterans of the Gulf War complain of a series of gastrointestinal problems like irritable bowel syndrome, functional dyspepsia, functions abdomen pain etc.
4) Other than the above three, other non-correlated symptoms also are seen to be common amongst the veterans of the Gulf War. These are unexplained weight loss, headaches, amenorrhea, headaches, pain in the muscles and joints, sleeplessness etc
Most of these patients have such varied symptoms that it is next to impossible to find one remedy that can cure all of them and so, these people are prescribed a whole laundry list of medications that play havoc on their bodies. It is due to this reason that researchers have been hunting for something that can help war veterans, without leaving a lot of side effects in its wake.
Who would have known that the perfect solution for the problems of the Gulf War veterans will be found halfway around the world, in the Indian subcontinent? Curcumin, the brilliant yellow substance found in the Indian spice turmeric, is the answer to the complex Gulf War Syndrome. This is because curcumin has quite a reputation for being a one-stop-shop for the cure of all kinds of illnesses. Bagdara Farms has a wonderful line of curcumin supplements that can help get rid of most of these symptoms.
Curcumin can help alleviate most of the symptoms of the Gulf War Syndrome as discussed below:
1) Curcumin has proven to work effectively against fibromyalgia. It is a natural analgesic and painkiller. It helps reduce pain and inflammation by inhibiting the activity of pro-inflammatory chemicals like cytokines. Calmya, a Bagdara supplement can help in bringing the desired relief in case of fibromyalgia.
2) The antioxidant properties of Curcumin help in curbing joint damage as a person becomes older. Veterans of the Gulf War have often been found to complain of joint aches and pains. Regular consumption of a curcumin supplement helps in neutralizing the free radicals in the body that cause acceleration of the aging process of the joints and can thus help veterans get rid of joint troubles. Calmya can help in easing out these symptoms too.
3) One of the key reasons for irritable bowel syndrome is malfunctioning intestinal motility. This means that the movement of excrement within the intestines is faulty causing either constipation or diarrhea. Curcumin has the ability to soothe this condition by improving intestinal motility. The anti-spasmodic properties of curcumin help in alleviating stomach cramps stemming from IBS. Constant exposure to infections causes the permeability of the gut to increase. This means that the gut becomes more susceptible to germs from undigested food and toxins since now these can easily penetrate the stomach’s lining. Tummyric, a curcumin rich supplement from the Bagdara range can help in treating a sensitive stomach and bring relief in all gastrointestinal issues.
4) Curcumin helps in soothing the inflammation in the body which further helps in getting a good night’s sleep. Any form of Inflammation in the body can render a person sleepless. Curcumin has potent anti-inflammatory properties since it has the ability to suppress the activity of cytokines that induce inflammation. By doing so, Curcumin indirectly promotes sleep inducing hormones in the body. Soja-a is a supplement created at Bagdara that consists of curcumin and is tailor made for insomniacs.
5) Curcumin is a known detoxifier especially since it is such a strong antioxidant. Oxidative stress caused by the excess of free radicals in the body is a direct result of the buildup of toxins in the body. This increase of toxicity in the body leads to anxiety, depression and insomnia. Curcumin negates the effect of oxidative stress by neutralizing the free radicals. Nuramin is a Bagdara supplement that can help in bringing back healthy brain function as well as getting rid of anxiety and depression.
All the supplements made at Bagdara are totally natural and organic. The curcumin produced here is grown with a lot of affection and care. It is thus devoid of any chemical additives simply because no chemicals are used while growing it. War veterans have gone through enough already, they do not need to face the ill effects of excessive medications in the form of side-effects. What they need is the natural goodness of curcumin!