A lot of us get confused between a heart attack and a stroke. There is a lot of difference between the two. In short, we can say that stroke happens when blood flow to any part of your brain stops resulting in damage to brain cells. Within a few minutes of the stroke, the brain cells start dying.
There are two Types of Strokes
- First one is an ischemic stroke that is caused by a blockage or clot in a blood vessel in the brain. Plaque builds up in the walls of the artery can cause a blockage.
- The second one is hemorrhagic stroke which is caused when an artery breaks open.
High blood pressure causes weakening of arteries over a period of time and can cause hemorrhagic stroke. There is another type of stroke known as a Transient ischemic attack (TIA) caused by a small clot that blocks an artery for a short time.
Some of the Common Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke are :
- Trouble in seeing in one or both the eyes
- Stumbling or sudden dizziness, loss of balance and coordination
- Problem with speaking as well as understanding
- Paralysis or numbness seen in face, arm and leg
Strokes can also be caused due to overtreatment with blood thinners and weak spots in the walls of the blood vessel. Even when symptoms of a stroke last less than an hour, there is still a risk of permanent tissue damage. Being overweight, low levels of physical activity, heavy drinking and use of drugs like cocaine are some of the lifestyle risk factors for stroke. Stroke can get complicated if timely medical intervention is not provided. It can lead to temporary or permanent disabilities like memory loss, emotional issues, emotional problems, thinking difficulties, pain, etc.
Some tips to lower the risk of stroke are maintaining a healthy weight, lowering the amount of cholesterol in the blood, exercising regularly, quitting the use of tobacco, avoiding illegal drugs and treating obstructive sleep apnea. Apart from this, regular consumption of curcumin also helps in preventing stroke.
Benefits of Curcumin in Case of Stroke are Mentioned below-
- Curcumin is a natural anticoagulant agent that helps in relaxing the blood vessels.
- It reduces excessive inflammation caused by various diseases.
- A natural antioxidant agent, curcumin helps to reduce the effects of free radicals giving rise to oxidative.
- Curcumin also helps to improve the flow of blood and elimination of fat deposits from the walls of the arteries.
- It acts as great natural pain killer that provides relief from pain caused by various problems of the cardiovascular system.
It is also advisable that this product called Cardimin from Bagdara Farms be taken to prevent heart strokes. A pinch of black pepper along with it can help to increase the bioabsorption of curcumin