CHILDHOOD CANCER GETS A NATURAL HEALER “THE MEDICINAL TURMERIC”
Cancer is a leading cause of death for children and adolescents.
A correct diagnosis is essential to treat children with cancer because each cancer requires a specific treatment regimen that may include surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy.
Why Childhood Cancer Is More Treatable Compared To Adults?
In many cases, the cancer cells in children respond better to treatments compared to adults. Children can often handle higher doses of chemo drugs for shorter periods before side effects occur.
What Age Are Most Childhood Cancers Diagnosed?
0 to 14 years is the age where most children are diagnosed with cancer.
The most common types of cancer are leukaemia, trailed by brain and other central nervous system tumours, lymphomas, soft tissue sarcomas (of which half are rhabdomyosarcoma), neuroblastoma, and kidney tumours.
What Are The Chances Of A Child Getting Cancer?
Children inherit DNA changes (mutations) from a parent that intensifies their peril of certain types of cancer.
These changes are existing in every cell of the child’s body and they can be tested for in the DNA of blood cells or other body cells.
Environmental factors, such as radiation exposure, are also linked with some types of childhood cancers.
What Are Most Common Childhood Cancers?
According to the findings of https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-in-children/
The most common cancers of children are:
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Wilms tumor
- Lymphoma (including both Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin)
- Bone cancer (including osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma)
How Common Is Childhood Leukemia?
Childhood leukemia, the most common type of cancer in children and teens, is a cancer of the white blood cells. Anomalous white blood cells form in the bone marrow. They swiftly travel through the bloodstream and mob out healthy cells. This raises the body’s chances of infection and other problems.
Types Of Childhood Leukaemia Include:
1. Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL), also called acute lymphocytic leukaemia.
2. All accounts for 3 out of every 4 cases of childhood leukaemia. Acute myelogenous leukaemia (AML),AML is the next most common type of childhood leukaemia
3. Hybrid or mixed lineage leukemia,
4. Chronic myelogenous leukaemia (CML),
5. Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL),
6. Juvenile myelomonocytic leukaemia (JMML).
Is Lymphoma Common Amongst Children?
Lymphomas are the third most common group of cancers in children aged 0 to 14, after leukaemias and brain or other central nervous system (CNS) tumours.
Lymphoma is very rare in very young children, but it afflicts adults and becomes severe with age.
What Are All Solid Tumour In Breast?
There are many possible causes of non-cancerous (benign) breast lumps.
Two of the most common causes of benign single breast lumps are cysts and fibroadenomas. But anytime you feel something that’s out of sorts from what your normal breast tissue feels like, or if you notice anything that generally feels unusual, you should speak to your medical team about that.
The Cost Of Having Cancer
Not only does cancer take an enormous toll on the health of patients and survivors—it also has a tremendous financial impact.
Some people with cancer will have only one treatment. But most people have a combination of treatments, such as surgery with chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. You may also have immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and hormone therapy.
“Researchers associate cancer with financial toxicity”. The financial afflictions that some patients feel pain as a result of the cost of their treatments can cause damage to their physical and emotional well-being.
Do These Life Saving Therapies Have Side Effects?
Today, because of advances in treatment, more than 80% of children treated for cancer survive at least 5 years. But the treatments that help these children survive their cancer can also cause health problems later on.
Learning problems, often called cognitive impairments, show up within a few years of treatment.
Vision problems after treatment are most common with retinoblastomas.
Radiation given to the brain or ear can also lead to hearing loss, as can surgery in these areas.
Radiation treatment can have serious effects on the proper growth of bone and muscle in young people, slowing the growth of any area exposed to it Young children and children going through a growth spurt at puberty are at especially high risk for effects on growth.
Cardiovascular problems can be a serious late effect of certain cancer treatments. The actual damage to the heart may occur during treatment, but the effects may not show up until many years, or even decades later.
So, the above mentioned are just a few chronic conditions 60% of the long-term survivors suffer from.
Could Curcumin Be A Natural Treatment For Cancer?
Plant foods as well as the spice turmeric may have a natural protective effect against the childhood cancer leukaemia.
Curcumin in medicinal turmeric has established to own various anticancer properties in a series of cancer cell lines, such as (1) leukaemia, pancreatic, (2) lung, (3) ovarian, (4) oral, (5) colorectal, (6) breast carcinoma and even in (7) melanoma cells.
- Many cellular and experimental studies have reported the benefits of curcumin in treating leukemia. Curcumin found in medicinal turmeric inhibits the STAT3 and NF-κB signaling pathways, which play an important role in cancer expansion and progression. Also, inhibition of Sp-1 and its housekeeping gene expressions may aid as an important hypothesis to prevent cancer formation, migration, and invasion; becoming a very natural treatment and cure for leukaemia in children.
- Medicinal Turmeric abundant in Curcumin’s has anti-carcinogen effects, which are exerted via various mechanisms. Curcumin in medicinal turmeric can kill many types of cancer cells in multiple ways. Cancer cells are less likely to become curcumin-resistant. Curcumin targets only cancer cells, leaving healthy cells unharmed, ensuring that the children do not suffer from chronic diseases in the later part of their lives.
According to https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170725122040.htm Curcumin in medicinal turmeric nanoparticles can be used to target and destroy treatment-resistant neurblastoma tumor cell. The study reveals a possibly novel treatment for neuroblastoma, the most common cancer in infants.
This is an important step in potential natural treatment because chemotherapy drugs kill both healthy cells and cancer cells. Curcumin hereby represents a promising candidate as an effective anticancer drug.
- Curcumin in medicinal turmeric can influence a wide range of molecules that play a role in cancer, including transcription factors, which are vital for DNA replication; growth factors; cytokines, which are important for cell signalling; and apoptotic proteins, which help control cell death
- Curcumin has earned its place as most promising group of bioactive natural compounds, especially in the treatment of several cancer types. Besides the upright effects of curcumin on various transcription factors, oncogenes and signalling proteins, it also acts at various temporal stages of carcinogenesis—-from the initial insults leading to DNA mutations through the process of tumorigenesis, growth and metastasis.
- Such effects and multiple targets of the cancer make it a natural treatment for childhood leukaemia. Curcumin in medicinal turmeric holds much promise as a potential chemotherapeutic agent for many human cancers too.
While we pray silently that this dreadful disease never comes an inch closed to our dear children, but the reality does strike aggressively when it does.
Make sure you follow a healthy lifestyle for your children by adding a lot of natural ingredients to their diet and by letting medicinal turmeric be their natural treatment.