Fungal infections, typically known as mycosis that make their unwelcome presence felt on your skin usually crop up unexpectedly. Not only do these conditions make for an unpleasant visual, but they can also be quite agitating since they come along with symptoms like inflammation and itching. Mycosis can lead to many forms of fungal growth and are classified as follows:
- Cutaneous Mycosis – Fungi that infect the upper layer of skin, hair, and nails are clubbed under this head. These infections do not penetrate deeper.
- Subcutaneous Mycosis – Sometimes a pathogen may find its way into deeper layers of tissue through a wound or a cut on the upper layer of the skin. This leads to subcutaneous mycosis.
- Systemic Mycosis – When the entire body gets affected by a fungal infection, such a condition can be called systemic mycosis.
Unfortunately, the standard anti-fungal medications usually prescribed by doctors are known to perpetrate side effects like rashes, pain in the stomach, diarrhea, and itching. It is, therefore, all the more important to find natural alternatives that can help in clearing up fungal growth inside or outside the body. One such compound which is found in golden turmeric, a staple in most Indian kitchens, is curcumin. Being endowed with a rich cache of medicinal properties, curcumin has always been super popular amongst those who believe in natural healing. Mycosis too can be treated effectively with the help of curcumin. As a topical ointment and as an oral supplement, curcumin can be used to manage any form of mycosis.
It is a proven fact that curcumin is effective against 23 strains of fungi including the Candida species. There are several ways in which curcumin can be used to beat fungal infections. Here are some of them:
For external infections:
- A small quantity of curcumin powder can be added to your handwash to prevent fungal infection that finds its way in between fingers and on the insides of the hands. This remedy can help relieve itching caused due to cutaneous mycosis.
- A concoction made using cranberry juice, and a small amount of curcumin can be consumed daily to get rid of vaginal infections like yeast infections and even urinary tract infections.
- Fungal infections can also show up in and around the nails on your feet or hands. To get rid of such infections, apply a mixture of curcumin and olive oil to the affected areas and let it rest for a few hours before washing off.
- Another effective remedy for internal fungal infections like thrush is a combination of apple cider vinegar and curcumin. Drinking this concoction once a day can help you shoo away the fungal growth quickly.
- Fungal growth can also occur on your scalp leading to hair loss. Tinea capitis and dermatitis are examples of fungal infections found on the scalp. A scalp treatment made using curcumin paste, and powdered neem leaves can be applied to the scalp and left for about half an hour before washing off thoroughly. This can help in keeping the scalp fungus-free.
- The fungus that grows between the toes as a result of wearing damp socks for too long or not wiping the region between the toes dry before pulling on your shoes and socks can be avoided by using some curcumin powder as dusting powder between the toes. This will prevent fungal growth.
Even though there are several advantages of curcumin in the treatment of fungal infections, not many curcumin supplements are effective. The reason behind this is the heinous act of adulteration. Most supplements available in the market are made using adulterated curcumin. Chemicals like yellow dye are added to the curcumin to make it look more appealing. When you consume or apply such supplements, they bring about minimal, if at all any, improvement in your condition.
Dermaturm The best Curcumin Supplement for curing Fungal Infections
Dermaturm, a curcumin-based supplement created by Bagdara Farms, on the other hand, is made from organic curcumin that is grown locally at Bagdara. It has no chemical residues and can be used without worrying about side effects. Dermaturm is super useful in clearing up all forms of fungal infections and can be mixed with other natural ingredients to form potent ointments and concoctions that can help you beat the fungi that have made you miserable. Try Dermaturm once, and you will never have to turn around and look back again!