Cancer is a class of diseases in which abnormal cells multiply and divide uncontrollably in the body. These abnormal cells form malignant growths called tumors .Some of the chemicals contained in tobacco smoke cause, initiate or promote cancer. When inhaled, these chemicals cause genetic changes in cells of the throat, which can lead to the development of throat cancer.Smoking increases the risk of throat cancer by exposing the larynx to these carcinogenic chemicals during inhalation.
What is throat (larynx) cancer?
Throat cancer is often grouped into two categories: pharyngeal cancer and laryngeal cancer. Throat cancer (laryngeal cancer) is a general term that usually refers to cancer of the pharynx and/or larynx (voice box). The larynx is the voice box located at the top of the windpipe (trachea).About half of throat cancers develop in the larynx (the part of the throat with the vocal cords), and the other half in the pharynx.
Throat Cancer (Larynx Cancer) Facts
- Occurs most often in people over the age of 55 years.
- People who stop smoking can greatly reduce their risk of cancer of the larynx.
- Treatment of cancer of the larynx depends on the location and size of the tumor as well as the age and health of the patient.
- Throat cancer is relatively uncommon when compared to other cancers.
- The National Cancer Institute estimates 1.1 percent of adults will be diagnosed with pharyngeal cancer within their lifetime
Throat Cancer Symptoms And Signs
- Swelling of nearby tissues
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Trouble breathing
- Difficulty speaking
- Neck or throat pain
- Ear pain
- Painful swallowing
What Causes Throat Cancer?
The biggest factor that can lead to genetic mutations in the cells of the throat is cigarette smoking and exposure to toxic substances like asbestos or large quantities of alcohol.
Types Of Throat Cancer
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Throat cancer of the flat cells lining the throat. It’s the most common throat cancer.
- Adenocarcinoma: Throat cancer of the glandular cells. This type of laryngeal cancer is rare.
- Nasopharynx cancer (upper part of the throat)
- Oropharynx cancer (middle part of the throat)
- Hypopharynx cancer (bottom part of the throat)
- Laryngeal cancer (larynx or voice box)
Diagnosing Throat Cancer
- Conventional biopsy
- Fine needle aspiration
- Endoscopic biopsy
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET scan)
- Computed tomography (CT scan)
- Barium swallow
- Chest X-ray
Staging Throat Cancer
The stages range from 0 to 4
- Stage 0: The tumor has not invaded tissue beyond your throat.
- Stage 1: The tumor is less than 7 cm and limited to your throat.
- Stage 2: The tumor is slightly larger than 7 cm, but still limited to your throat.
- Stage 3: The tumor has grown and spread to nearby tissues and organs.
- Stage 4: The tumor has spread to your lymph nodes or distant organs.
Treatment Options For Throat Cancer
If diagnosed early, throat cancer has a high cure rate. Treatment options for throat cancer include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. The treatment method depends on the extent of your disease, among other factors.
As such all of us are well aware of the post treatment side effects but a natural healer if used to stop one reaching at this stage will be an add on .
Bagdara farms “Oncomin ” carries the traces of one of the herbal product widely used in Indian kitchens “Turmeric”. Oncomin contains curcumin, which is extracted from turmeric, purely farm grown without using any pesticides or fertilizers.
Being a powerful anti-oxidant, curcumin can protect cells from getting damaged. Turmeric is now being used as a complementary therapy with conventional cancer treatment. Curcumin has natural anti-cancer, chemo-preventive, radio-protective and chemo-protective properties. These are helpful in various ways while treating cancer.
Few Different Ways In Which Oncomin Can Help Combating Throat Cancer Are:-
- It kills cancer cells
- It works as a chemo preventive agent
- Prevents metastasis
- Has anti-carcinogenic action
- It has anti-tumor property
- It inhibits angiogenesis in tumors
- It selectively kills cancer cells and protects normal cells
- It increases chemo and radio sensitivity
- It is a chemo and radio protector
- It protects from side effects of cancer treatment
So, start using Oncomin to get relief from the various causes, side-effects and symptoms of throat cancer organically, without causing any ill after effects.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20467756