Our dogs have a special place in our lives and they make us feel loved and so blessed to have a loyal companion for life. If something happens to them we are all at a loss and run from pillar to post to ensure that they recover.
The biggest hurdle is that most of us aren’t aware of different health risks our beloved dogs face. Health problems like epilepsy, diabetes, cancer and many more are pretty common in our four-legged friends.
One chronic issue that can happen in many dogs, is irritable bowel syndrome.
What is IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
One of the main symptoms of IBS is irritation in the lining of the bowels of dogs. Experts haven’t been able to pinpoint the main causes of IBS but some have suspected that factors like intolerance to certain foods and allergies in some dogs, may cause distress in passing stool.
The most common symptom of IBS is
- Chronic diarrhoea, the passage of the smaller amount of feces,
- Constipation and trouble digesting.
- Vomiting and nausea after consuming different foods can also occur.
- The dog may also feel pain in the abdominal area when touched or pressed.
- The dog feels uncomfortable when lying on the belly
- Your fur baby appears depressed
- Loss of appetite resulting in weight loss
Some causes of IBS in dogs can be:
- Changes in the neurochemical function in the colon,
- Fibre deficiency and diet intolerance.
- Tumor in the digestive tract
- Bacterial infection
- Stress is also considered to be responsible for IBS though not in all cases
- Overeating and reaction to certain antibiotics can also cause problems in the digestive system, especially the colonic region.
- The doctor will need to look at your dog’s medical history and the symptoms.
- A thorough medical examination will help ascertain the severity and also the causes for the condition.
- As the condition mimics the symptoms of other diseases the doctor will need to rule out conditions like whip worms, intestinal colitis, fungal infection, tumors in the colon and even cecal inversion.
Being a chronic illness, IBS is dealt with through continuous treatment that involves dietary changes.
A diet high in fiber is usually advised to treat the syndrome.
One product that can help in avoiding irritable bowels in dogs is Barkumin.
A supplement high in curcumin, Barkumin possess all the healthy and organic properties of turmeric that can treat all kinds of problems in dogs
How does Barkumin work?
- Curcumin’s anti-oxidant properties neutralize free radicals in canines.
- Apart from this, curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties fight chronic inflammation in dogs which in turn prevents inflammatory bowel disease, a disease that has the same symptoms in dogs.
- The anti-inflammatory action of Curcumin works like a charm on the stomach’s mucous membrane, this inhibits congestion from any stagnant mucous membrane and is really beneficial in case of IBS.
- Barkumin begins work instantly towards improving your fur baby’s stomach health.
- It has been scientifically proven that people who receive curcumin supplements have a better chance of recovery and have a stronger stomach than those who were given placebo pills.
- These individuals also have a lower rate of relapse.
- The potent anti-bacterial property of Curcumin strengthens the stomach lining, checks inflammation and prevents relapses of digestive disorders.
- The powerful anti-bacterial property gives relief from gastric problems effectively and also ensures that the lining of the digestive tract is strong enough to fend off bacterial attacks. This also helps check inflammation in the lining of the intestinal wall.
- By inhibiting inflammation of the gastric as well as intestinal wall thus proving to be an effective treatment for checking IBS symptoms of bloating and excessive gas.
- As the immune system is strengthened by Curcumin the helps keep food allergies in check, thus keeping IBS at bay.
Barkumin with its high curcumin gives your dog’s gut health the much needed boost and keeps him healthy and happy.
- For a small dog: 1/4 TSP
- Medium sized dog: 1/2 teaspoon
- Large dog: 3/4 teaspoon
Give your dog the advantage of Barkumin and watch your baby get rid of all stomach and GI problems for good.