Post-Menopausal Weight Gain – Can Curcumin Help You Control It?
Menopause is a tough time in any woman’s life. It is a milestone that marks the end of a woman’s fertile years and can, therefore, be emotionally distressing. At the same time, it does not help at all that menopause comes with a truckload of rather unsavoury symptoms like bloating, hot flashes, night sweats, and the worst of all – rapid weight gain.
Things that once upon a time did no damage to your weight seem to be working overtime to ensure that you put on as many kilos as possible. Exercise and diet control do not seem to be as effective as they once used to be. As you approach this rather terrifying stage in y our life, your ovaries slowly reduce the quantity of progesterone and estrogen that they produce as part of your fertility cycle. As a result, menstrual flow begins to cease and the hormonal imbalance created during this period causes all the trouble mentioned above.
Many women experience weight gain especially around the abdominal region as a side effect of menopause. This weight gain is usually visceral in nature as it is due to fat aggregation in the vacant spaces between our internal organs. A change in the number of female hormones produced is the main culprit behind this kind of weight gain. The lowering of estrogen levels causes fat to get deposited in the midriff. As a result of falling estrogen levels, certain enzymes that cause fat accumulation to become more active and hence weight gain becomes a common fallout of menopause.
For some women, going in for hormone replacement therapy to manage post-menopausal woes may not be viable financially. For others, it may seem horrible unnatural and scary. Besides, it is always a better idea to first evaluate natural solutions before jumping in for artificial treatments. Curcumin, a phytoestrogen found in turmeric, is one natural substance that has tremendous potential when it comes to controlling weight gain in post-menopausal women.
Here are some of the advantages of Curcumin in Menopausal Phase
- Curcumin improves your body’s metabolic rate by enhancing digestion through an increase in bile production and a reduction in gut-related problems. It also takes care of the delicate microflora balance that keeps your gut healthy and in good shape.
- Curcumin helps convert white adipose tissue into brown adipose tissue, a process that helps disperse any accumulated fat and reduce weight in the belly region.
- Curcumin is a natural anti-depressant that reduces the rate of production of the stress hormone, cortisol. Since overproduction of cortisol especially during menopause can lead to accumulation of fat around the abdomen, it is advisable to consume a curcumin supplement every day to offset its effects.
- Curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory agent that helps curb any chronic inflammation caused by menopause. Since inflammation is one of the major triggers for fat accumulation and weight gain, curcumin supplementation can help tremendously in averting weight gain.
- Curcumin has antioxidant effects that help balance out the pro-oxidant and antioxidant elements in the body and thus keeps oxidative stress in check. Elevated oxidative stress is one of the reasons behind weight gain post-menopause as well as premature aging. Curcumin supplementation can help soothe overall symptoms.
Menoeze, a curcumin enriched supplement created by the kind folk at Bagdara Farms in Katni Madhya Pradesh, is the perfect natural remedy for women who are grappling with weight gain after hitting menopause. The curcumin that is used in making Menoeze is of the highest possible quality as it is grown organically at Bagdara. The soil here is extremely fertile and absolutely apt for growing healthy produce. The curcumin grown at Bagdara is devoid of any artificial chemicals and residues and is, therefore, absolutely pure. Taking Menoeze regularly will keep women in shape throughout the period of menopause and help them get relief from other menopausal symptoms as well like hot flashes, pain, depression, and night sweats.