arly is one of the most enjoyable ways of keeping yourself in good shape. It could be any type of sport including team ones like hockey and football as well as single player ones like squash and tennis. It has been seen that such people stay fit longer as compared to others. Aside from the various health benefits of playing a sport, it is an amazing way to meet new people, socialize, and build a network of like-minded people.
While engaging in sports is rejuvenating both mentally and physically, it is also true that those who play rigorous sports tend to suffer from common sports-related issues which include musculoskeletal injuries, fatigue, and inflammation. Many products have inundated the markets today that target sportspeople and their unique issues. Unfortunately, most of these drinks and supplements are artificial and come saddled with side effects. The biggest problem with such products is that they are laden with sugar and can raise blood sugar to unhealthy levels.
For sports people, it is important to stay hydrated but most sports drinks are not exactly healthy. While plain water can help keep water levels intact, it is essential to maintain electrolyte levels in the body as well. The sweat released as a result of intense exercise empties the body of salt as well.
This is why it is crucial to replace the lost electrolytes. Instead of consuming artificially made sports drinks, one can make a natural drink that not just helps replace lost electrolytes but also helps combat exercise and sports induced inflammation and improve stamina. Making such a drink involves using curcumin powder and lemon juice. Curcumin is a phytochemical found in turmeric that has healing properties that have been used by Ayurvedic medics for centuries to treat a variety of ailments.
Here are some benefits of consuming curcumin if you are a regular sportsperson.
- Curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory effects that help your body heal itself quickly from inflammation resulting from an intense workout. Typically standard over-the-counter painkillers are the solution to this problem faced by athletes. However, taking such drugs regularly is not recommended since they have trigger side effects like the development of peptic ulcers and other GI tract problems. Research has proven that curcumin has almost the same effect on the body as any other NSAID but without the unsavoury side-effects.
- Curcumin helps break the vicious damaging cycle created by the neutrophil respiratory burst process. Neutrophil Respiratory Burst is a process that creates free radicals in the body to clear up the tissue debris generated as a result of exercise-induced muscle damage. Sometimes though, this process goes out of hand and starts creating too many free radicals that cause further muscle break down. As a strong antioxidant, curcumin has the ability to quickly target excess free radicals and neutralize them instantly, therefore, breaking the incessant loop.
- Curcumin has also been proven to work as a performance enhancer by virtue of the fact that it increases the glycogen content in the muscles. This leads to an improvement in the strength of a person’s grip as well as their endurance.
- Curcumin helps neuroplasticity. In simple terms, this means that curcumin can improve focus and alertness by positively impacting the secretion of certain neurotransmitters. This helps in improving your game.
Sportyheal, a curcumin enriched supplement created by Bagdara Farms especially for sportsmen and women can be used to make a fantastic electrolyte drink.
The Procedure to make the Natural Health Drink with Sportyheal
- Take two cups of water and boil it in a saucepan. Add Sportyheal to it.
- Boil the mixture till water reduces to 1 cup and then pour it into a cup
- Add lemon juice, honey, sea salt, and a pinch of baking soda to it.
- Cool this concoction down.
Drink this concoction cold during and after an intense workout or game to get maximum benefits.