What is Goiter?
Goiter (Enlarged Thyroid) is a thyroid-related disease that causes the thyroid gland to grow abnormally in size. The thyroid gland is one of the glands that are part of our endocrine system and is responsible for producing two hormones – thyroxine and triiodothyronine.
The pituitary gland Function
The pituitary gland, which is also a part of the endocrine system, works in conjunction with the thyroid gland by producing a hormone known as TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) when the secretion of the two thyroid hormones is not at an acceptable level.
When this system ceases to function properly, the thyroid gland starts working against the production of TSH and as a result, grows in size leading to goiter.
The main reasons for the Goiter condition to occur are:
- Lack of iodine in diet
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland
- Hashimoto’s disease
- Overgrown thyroid tissue
Other than a swollen neck, Goiter manifests in the form of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
How can curcumin help in managing Goiter?
- In the case of individuals whose diet is deficient in iodine, curcumin can help in mitigating the risk of goiter. In a study conducted by Jawa A et al, 2335 individuals from various regions of Pakistan were studied especially since these regions are known for their iodine deficient diet. It was found that goiter was found less common in people whose diets included spices like turmeric which is a main source of curcumin.
- The most common pain areas of the goiter are issues related to neck edema. These issues are usually trouble in swallowing, pain in the neck, painful throat, etc. Since curcumin is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it is helpful in mitigating these effects of goiter thereby bringing the patient relief. Curcumin does this by curbing the production of those chemicals in the body that causes inflammation.
- The antioxidant properties of curcumin have also been found in curing hypothyroidism, which is one of the usual outcomes of goiter.
- The damage caused by the excessive production of thyroid hormones can spread to other organs causing them harm. For instance, kidneys may get affected leading to the formation of masses on the kidneys, swelling, etc. The antioxidant properties of curcumin help in avoiding this.
- Since curcumin is also known to possess anti-cancer properties, it helps ward off any danger of developing thyroid cancer as a byproduct of goiter.
How Bagdara Farms Curcumin based supplement is the best for Goiter
After knowing how beneficial curcumin is in curing goiter and its side-effects, there is no doubt that you would like to know the easiest way to procure some natural, organic curcumin supplement. Search no more because at the very heart of the Indian subcontinent lies a verdant haven for organic curcumin and supplements made out of it.
This venture is known by the name of Bagdara Farms and is committed to producing the highest quality of curcumin and curcumin-enriched supplements without the use of any chemical fertilizers, insecticides, or pesticides. The products developed here are 100% natural and organic.
One of the curcumin supplements produced at Bagdara Farms is Thyromeric which is specifically tailor-made for people suffering from thyroid-related diseases and can be safely taken by patients suffering from Goiter.
How should Thyromeric be consumed so as to benefit most in the case of Goiter?
- The curcumin found in Thyromeric is best taken in the form of a concoction prepared with ground black pepper and coconut milk or coconut oil.
Black pepper Importance:
Black pepper is an essential ingredient in this preparation because it contains an alkaloid known as Piperine, which ensures that the curcumin is absorbed properly by the body by increasing its bioavailability.
- This is important since curcumin, by itself, is difficult to absorb the substance. The other chief ingredient of this concoction is coconut milk or coconut oil. This is an important additive too especially since curcumin when taken with fat is more easily absorbed by the body. Also, combining Thyromeric with coconut milk/oil helps in increasing the metabolic rate too making it easier to manage weight.
- The ratio in which these three ingredients are to be added is – ½ a teaspoon of Thyromeric, a pinch of black pepper, and 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk or ½ – 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Even though Thyromeric is 100% natural and organic, it is always wise to try it first in a small quantity to ascertain your body’s general reaction towards it.
Furthermore, do not take Thyromeric in addition to any other supplement that you might be taking as this may cause unwanted reactions. Avoid taking Thyromeric if you have a history of gall bladder issues.
If you are about to undergo surgery, stop taking Thyromeric a couple of weeks in advance since curcumin poses a risk of bleeding.
There are numerous studies that prove that having turmeric in the diet can reduce or in some cases ceased the symptoms of Goiter. Like Selenium, Turmeric is also a powerful anti-oxidant that protects thyroid glands from damages caused by free radicals. Its main ingredient Curcumin can help in mitigating the risk of Goiter. Since Curcumin is also known to possess anti-cancer properties, it helps ward off any danger of developing thyroid cancer as a byproduct of Goiter
Click here for more details: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25932388