Natural Cure for Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
A few days ago as I was getting ready to meet a friend when suddenly she called saying that she needed to cancel our lunch. She sounded quite hassled, and through her garbled explanation, the only pieces that I could understand were that one of her two kids had come down with something known as ‘hand, foot and mouth disease’ at school and now even the other one was beginning to show the same symptoms.
I had never heard of this illness before and for a moment thought that she was making all this up to stay at home and catch up on her sleep or housework or something similarly mundane. However, my misgivings proved wrong when I logged onto the internet that night and checked up on this absurd-sounding disease.
Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease is, in fact, a very contagious infection caused by viruses that belong to the Enterovirus genus. It is so easy to catch that it can spread through mere contact with an infected person’s unwashed hands! Aside from this, it is easy to get infected if you are in contact with an infected person’s saliva or stools or nasal secretions. It is thus not surprising that children who go to a daycare center or kindergarten are more susceptible to this disease since they come in contact with many other kids, some of who may carry the virus that causes hand, foot and mouth disease.
The most common symptoms of this infection are:
- Blisters inside the mouth that can be painful
- Red rashes on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet
- A headache
- Lack of appetite
- A sore throat
Several drugs are prescribed to relieve the symptoms of hand foot and mouth disease. These include standard painkillers like ibuprofen, combiflam, and acetaminophen. Other than this, topical ointments that help in soothing blisters and rashes are recommended. The infection itself wears off within 7 to 10 days as the body develops immunity against the virus and routes it out.
It is always better though to rely on natural techniques to relive the malaise caused by a viral infection than to depend on chemical drugs. To this effect, curcumin has shown a great deal of promise in treating hand, foot and mouth disease and its symptoms.
Curcumin advantages on Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease:
- Curcumin shows a powerful anti-viral effect against the EV-71 virus (Human enterovirus-71) that is known to be a primary pathogen that causes hand, foot and mouth disease. A study conducted by Ying Qin and team (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4629085/) shows that curcumin can prevent the synthesis of the RNA of the virus, the expression of the viral protein as well as the multiplication of the virus inside the body.
- In addition to this, curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory properties that make it just right for treating symptoms like headaches, sore throat, and fever. By suppressing the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes and cytokines, curcumin helps in reducing the malaise caused by hand, foot and mouth disease.
- When applied topically to blisters and rashes, the antiseptic as well as anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin help in soothing the skin as well as reduce the chances of secondary infection. In addition to this, curcumin will help in bringing down the risk of scarring due to excessive itching.
- Curcumin also helps in building the immunity. It can boost the white blood cell count in the body which helps in fortifying the body’s immune system. Additionally, curcumin is also known to soothe inflamed white blood cells and nurse them back to health. Also, since curcumin is known to improve the body’s metabolic rate, it further helps in building a stronger immune system.
- The antioxidant properties of curcumin help in keeping the oxidative stress low so that the body does not experience additional damage caused as a byproduct of hand, foot and mouth disease. Curcumin balances the level of pro-oxidant and antioxidant species in the body. This is done by neutralizing harmful free radicals that cause oxidative stress.
Now, you must be wondering if the turmeric you consume every day as part of your regular meals is enough to give your body the curcumin supply that it needs. The answer is, no. To give your body the complete dose of curcumin that it requires to fight viral infections like the hand, foot, and mouth disease, you need to take a curcumin enriched supplement like Immunoturm.
Immunoturm is an organic supplement created at Bagdara Farms using curcumin that is locally grown. The organic and natural methods of farming used at Bagdara are critical in ensuring that no unwanted chemical residues creep into the supplements. This makes Immunoturm perfect not just for you but also for your little ones who might be suffering from hand, foot and mouth disease. Order Immunoturm online today and start building a stronger immune system to fight all forms of viruses!