We are all aware of the fact that our (Dogs) fur babies are prone to fungal infections but what we do not know is that fungal infections are not limited to skin, this infection can have a detrimental effect on their internal organs too.
Fungal infections are prevalent can be treated in dogs all we need to know is how to recognize the signs and how to ensure that our loyal companion (Dog) gets the best treatment and in time too.
Causes of Fungal Infections in Dogs:
How does dogs get a fungal infection
Fungal infections as the name suggest are caused by fungi that occur naturally in the world and are thriving and booming.
The fungal spores enter the dog’s body when they breathe (respiratory tract) or through the skin.
Types of Fungal infections can be systemic or localized.
Systemic Fungal Infections:
These infections affect all major systems of the dog. The most common systemic infections are
- Nasal Aspergillosis:
Causes of Nasal Aspergillosis (1)common mold in grass, (2)hay, (3)straw, and (4)dust.
Symptoms: (1)sneezing, (2)nasal discharge, (3)swollen nose, (4)nose bleed
Caused by (1)fungus in the wet soil, (2)rotting wood, (3)bird dropping
Symptoms of Blastomycosis: (1)coughing,(2) fever, (3)weight loss, (4)inflammation of the iris(eye) skin lesions
Severe signs of sudden blindness, lameness, and seizures
- Cryptococcosis : (can be fatal)
Caused by (1)bird poop especially in dogs with a compromised immune system.
Symptoms of Cryptococcosis: (1)loss of appetite, (2)weight loss, (3)lethargy, (4)sniffing, (5)sneezing, (6)eye problems, (7)circling or (7)wobbly gait
Localized Fungal Infections
- Ringworm: (not caused by worms) infection of skin and nails
Causes of Ringworm: (1)fungus dermatophyte
Symptoms: (1)red rough (2)circular lesions
Contagious humans can catch it.
- Yeast dermatitis:
Caused by: (1)yeast multiplying uncontrollably
Symptoms of Yeast dermatitis: (1)musty odor, (2)thick/dark pigmented skin,(3) flaky, (4)scaly, or crusty skin, (5)itching and redness, (6)recurrent ear infections
How to Keep Fungal Infections away from your Dog:
- Always bathe your dog after a swim or a hike
- Dry them off completely after a bath, and that includes the outer part of the ear
- Good quality diet
The most important thing that you can do as part of the prevention and treatment of fungal infection is to get Barkumin from Bagdara farms
Barkumin works because of the phytochemical Curcumin, and this wonderful ingredient is present to a high degree in this Bagdara product.
- Curcumin has powerful anti-viral and anti-fungal properties due to which it inhibits the activity of IMPDH( Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase) an enzyme that is responsible for genetic material formation in viruses.
- Curcumin has a dynamic anti-fungal effect on many strains of Cryptococcus.
- Curcumin also exerts a powerful inhibiting effect on Trichophyton (a fungus that causes ringworms) thus checking the spread of ringworm. This property also ensures that Curcumin has a powerful inhibiting action against aspergillosis.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant action of Curcumin helps make Barkumin the perfect tool to beat the fungal infection in your pet.
- The puissant anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties of Curcumin make it a dangerous tool against all kinds of fungal infections.
- The curcumin in Barkumin ameliorates the fungi spores by disrupting cell membranes and also creating powerful oxidative stress in the cells of the fungi.
- Due to the anti-fungal property, it not only inhibits the growth of the fungal infection it also checks the spread of the infections
- As Curcumin has a powerful anti-microbial action, it invades the fungi cells and annihilates them from the inside.
- The cleansing action of curcumin makes it clean and free of all fungi.
- Curcumin also works wonders when it comes to reducing the secretion of the sebaceous glands thus ensuring the folds, and hidden crevices stay dry, and this is due to its anti-oxidant property.
- Curcumin also has parasiticidal action thus it kills all parasites and microbes that attack our precious fur babies.
- The pharmacological properties of curcumin aid in the symptomatic treatment of microbial infections in your dogs.
Since we all know it, I difficult to keep the fungus away, so it makes sense to keep Barkumin into play and ensure the infection and the symptoms are cured in no time.
Include Barkumin in your pet’s diet and then let it work its magic while you stand back and watch your pet’s skin and coat glow with good health.
You get a 10% discount if you pay online for the minimum recommended course of 6 bottles.
1st Time COD orders invite 10% additional COD charges and there is never a discount on COD orders.