It has become increasingly common to find young people suffering from diseases that were once associated only with the middle-aged or the elderly. This is perhaps because most youngsters these days grapple with tremendous amounts of stress, peer pressure, competition, and other social as well as physical problems that were unheard of back in the day. Working through their packed schedules, most of the people in their twenties and thirties tend to neglect the subtle symptoms that their bodies start to give at the onset of any disease. One such condition that gives many hints about its existence is thyroid disease. It is quite easy for people to brand these symptoms as stress-related as they are quite benign and for the most part do not create too much hassle.
The Reason for Thyroid
- Hair Loss – Any type of thyroid problem leads to hair loss since hair growth depends heavily on the production of thyroid hormones.
- Constipation – Hypothyroidism typically brings along with it constipation especially since it slows down the bodily functions including the muscle contractions that stimulate bowel movements.
- Anxiety and Depression – Lack of thyroid hormones can cause depression while an excess of these hormones leads to anxiety.
- Chronic Fatigue – When the thyroid gland produces fewer thyroid hormones, the metabolic rate of the body goes down. This causes never-ending tiredness.
- Weight Gain – Since hypothyroidism is known to slow down body processes and the metabolic rate, it leads to weight gain.
- Menstrual Troubles – An underactive thyroid gland can cause very heavy and painful periods while a hyperactive thyroid gland can cause irregular, missed, or delayed periods.
- Dehydrated Skin – An underactive thyroid gland has a negative effect on the skin as well making it very parched and dry.
- Sensitivity to cold – Since the thyroid hormones are responsible for regulating the temperature of the body, a deficiency or an excess of these make the body react unfavorably to heat and cold.
To take preventive action at the first sign of thyroid trouble is the wisest decision that one can take. If preventive action stems directly from nature, then there is nothing better than that. Curcumin is one such natural compound found in turmeric that helps in treating a host of conditions.
In the case of Thyroid Disorders, Curcumin can Benefit in the Following Ways:
- One of the key characteristics of thyroid disorders in inflammation. Curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory agent that helps soothe chronic inflammation by down-regulating enzymes like COX and LOX that are pro-inflammatory in nature. Curcumin is better than any standard NSAID since it does not have harmful side-effects on the gastric system, unlike NSAIDs which are known to cause peptic ulcers.
- An imbalance of thyroid hormones causes heightened oxidative stress that is bad for the overall health of all organs especially the liver, the kidneys, and the digestive system. Curcumin is a renowned antioxidant that helps in balancing the pro-oxidant and antioxidant agents in the body thus bringing down the level of oxidative stress.
- If thyroid disorders are left untreated for too long they might gradually progress to thyroid cancer. Curcumin has anti-cancer properties that help in preventing the growth of malignant tumors. It also prevents metastasis by penetrating the cell membrane of cancer cells and inducing cell death or apoptosis in them.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin help in alleviating thyroid-disorder-related hair loss too. By boosting the body’s immune system and helping in rebalancing thyroid hormones, curcumin helps prevent excessive hair loss.
- Curcumin is known to be a great detoxifier. It helps the liver function better thus making it efficient enough to flush out the toxins that damage the body. Curcumin also improves the body’s metabolism. All of this helps in combating thyroid-disorder related weight gain.
When searching for curcumin supplements online one finds them at a dime a dozen. Ever since curcumin has gained popularity as a superfood, the market is flooded with several curcumin supplements that claim to be great for thyroid-related problems. However, it is very important to first ascertain that the curcumin used in creating such a supplement is of the highest quality and free from harmful adulterants and chemicals. Thyromeric is one such supplement that is created by Bagdara Farms using curcumin cultivated on their farmland. This curcumin is grown using the most advanced organic farming techniques and hence is free from all chemical residues and unwanted additives. Thyromeric is perfect for those who have just begun experiencing the first signs of thyroid malfunction as well as those who have had thyroid disorders for a long. Try this miracle supplement once and never suffer from the tiresome symptoms of thyroid-related ailments.