Kill Cervical Cancer with Curcumin
Cervix is a part of the female reproductive system that extends from the lower end of the uterus to the upper vagina. Cervical cancer is cancer that starts in the cells of the cervix. Human Papillomavirus or HPV is the most common cause of cervical cancer. When there is an attack by the HPV, the immune system prevents the virus from causing any kind of further infection. In a small group of women, this virus can survive in the body for many years causing some of the cells of the cervix to become cancerous. Research says that there are over 100 types of Human papillomavirus yet only a few certain strains are linked to causing cancer. Squamous cells (lining the cells of the outer cortex) and glandular cells (inner lining of the cervix) are the two types of cells that are present in the cervix.
Most of the cervical pre-cancer cells begin to grow on the point known as a transition point at which the above two cells meet. Cervical cancers arising from squamous cells are called squamous cell carcinomas and the remaining that arises from glandular cells is called adenocarcinomas.
As per many findings, the trigger for the cervical cancer is when a mutation in the genetic code of cervical cells causes them to multiply beyond control and form a mass of cells called a tumour.
Since Cervical Cancer does not show any early signs, some of the symptoms in the Advanced Stages are as follows:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal bleeding after sex, between the periods and after menopause
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Vaginal discharge with a foul odour
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Heavy and longer menstrual bleeding
There can be many risk factors for Developing Cervical Cancer like:
- Suppressed immune system
- HIV infection
- Having multiple sexual partners
- Full-term pregnancy before the age of 17 and having three or more full-term pregnancies.
- Excessive and long-term use of oral contraceptives
- Smoking and tobacco intake
- Genetics/ family history of cervical cancer
- Chlamydia infection
- Environmental or lifestyle choices
Curcumin is very well-known for its antimicrobial action which helps fight the HPV infection. Cyclooxygenase- 2 is an enzyme which plays an important role in pain and inflammation. Curcumin being an anti-inflammatory agent has the ability to bring down inflammation levels thus preventing the growth of cancer cells. Cervikil is the product from Bagdara Farms that contains pure Curcumin thus helps in the treatment and prevention of Cervical Cancer.