Our skin tells the story of our health. If your skin glows it can only mean one thing and that is you are enjoying good health. If your skin is sallow and patchy then it means only one thing something is not right, could be an underlying health condition or hormonal imbalance. The knowledge of different skin problems can help in understanding your health better.
Our skin is prone to many problems and Melasma is just one of them.
Melasma: also called Chloasma/mask of pregnancy ( when a pregnant woman gets it)
In this condition, discoloured patches appear on the skin. These patches appear on both sides of the face and are generally asymmetrical.
- Areas that are frequently exposed to the sun also develop melasma.
- When you have Melasma your skin develops
- Brownish patches on the cheeks, forehead, chin and bridge of the nose.
- These can be patches on the arms and neck too.
The thing with melisma is that there is no physical harm but yes it can make one feel conscious and uncomfortable.
Melasma is brought on by:
- Mainly hormonal imbalance which means that estrogen, progesterone sensitivity, having hormonal imbalance can lead to melisma.
- Researchers have not yet been able to ascertain the exact cause but they attribute conditions like thyroid and stress to melisma.
- Taking birth control pills, hormone therapy can also lead to melisma.
- Exposure to the sun can also lead to melisma as the ultraviolet rays affect the cells which control melanocytes pigment
Treatment of Melasma
It is treatable and in some cases, it disappears on its own but in some cases, one might need treatment. There are treatments like chemical peels and dermabrasion that might help but these do not offer a permanent solution.
Not all cases can be cured completely, there is a chance it will come back and also the patches do not tighten completely, you can, however, learn to cope with it.
- Makeup is a big help in covering the discolouration
- Wear sunscreen SPF 30 is a must
- Protect yourself from the sun ( wide-brimmed hat and glasses)
- Carry an umbrella
- Stay hydrated
- Wear proper clothing to protect your skin from the sun
There is help in your kitchen cabinet Turmeric, the wonder spice.
Turmeric has the wonderful ingredient curcumin which has myriad therapeutic and pharmacological properties.
The only problem the turmeric that we use at home does not have enough curcumin to content to get us the pleiotropic advantages so one must turn to curcumin supplements and Bagdara Farms has the best ones available.
You just need to choose the one that suits you for your skin problem.
What does Curcumin do for the skin?
If you see any signs of pigmentation then the best time to begin is when these spots are very small and as soon as they appear.
- Curcumin is a powerhouse of anti-inflammation and anti-oxidant properties which are quite effective in reducing the production of melanin.
- The anti-ageing properties of curcumin which keep your skin supple and youthful.
- The anti-oxidant property of curcumin cleanses the skin making it work better and thus regulating melanin production.
- Curcumin lightens the skin by inhibiting the functioning of melanin (synthesis pigment). This ability helps in checking discolouration and dark circles.
- Curcumin does bring down melisma by lightening pigmentation and tanning.
- The curcumin products of Bagdara Farms are 100% natural with no pesticides and insecticides so you do not need to concern yourself with any side-effects.
- By maintaining melanin production and keeping melanocytes in check curcumin prevents melisma.
- Being a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory Curcumin boosts your skin health by building immunity and also protecting your skin from any damage.
- Curcumin also wards off the harsh effect of the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun giving your skin the perfect protection.
- The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial property also work its magic in bringing down the hyperpigmentation as its action regulates melanin production.
Do not let melisma hold you back protect it with curcumin supplements from Bagdara Farms. They have the perfect products for your skin with rich Curcumin contents so choose from Dermaturm, Glowysy and selfieme
As soon as you notice the first sign of patches or discolouration you need to get the Bagdara Supplements and watch your skin glow.