We all have experienced the ups and downs of life, and yes we have all lived through periods of feeling entirely down and out. The blues have hit us all, but this cannot be said to hold true for those of us battling the debilitating effect of depression as their life is then wholly held to ransom by depression.
Depression is simple terms is a fairly common disorder and is also a serious condition as it affects every aspect of your life right from how you think about how you react to situations. Depression rules the way you live, eat, sleep everything.
One must feel low and out for at least two weeks to get a diagnosis done.
Do not make the cardinal mistake of thinking that all kinds of depressions are the same; some may happen due to exceptional circumstances.
The Circumstances that May Lead to Depression:
- Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia) – this kind of depression could last for two years, and the person is going through with this form might have significant depression episodes followed by episodes of less severity. The sings have to be there for two years to be termed as dysthymia(persistent depressive disorder)
- Postpartum depression: do not make the mistake of just brushing this severe depression under the ‘Just Baby Blues- which are mild depressive symptoms which clear of within 2-3 weeks’. Women who have this form of depression suffer from major symptoms(full-blown) of depression during the pregnancy period as well as after the birth of the child. These women experience the entire gamut of extreme sadness, tiredness, exhaustion and even find it difficult to manage daily chores like looking after their babies and themselves.
- Psychotic Depression-when depression is combined with some form of psychosis. A person with this form builds around delusions and make believe things which others are not able to see or hear(hallucinations) These people develop delusions of extreme guilt, poverty and even illness.
- Seasonal Effective Disorder- this is as the name suggests is related to the weather especially the winters when the days appear dull due to lack or absence of sunlight. The good news is that this blue mood leaves us with the arrival of spring.
- Bipolar Disorder- this is different from depression, but can be put in this category because of people with this disorder experience period of very low mood and also experience spells of feeling on top of the world( very high spirits, euphoric or irritable)
Signs that You Are Depressed:
- Decreased energy
- Feeling sad, anxious listless and empty for a long period
- Always feeling hopeless and pessimistic
- No interest in any hobby or activity
- Moving/talking slower than normal
- Unable to concentrate or make decisions
- Restless most of the time
- Losing weight or appetite( and the other way round too)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Having symptoms like headaches and pains which do not ease off even after medication
It is not necessary that you would experience all the symptoms and signs and these can vary from person to person.
Whereas earlier it was common amongst adults now even children are experiencing depression and what increases your risk of depression:
- A family history of depression
- Life changes which are sudden and significant, trauma or stress
- Illnesses and reaction to certain medications
Treatment of Depression:
What we all need to remember is that ‘one shoe fits all’ cannot be used for depression as each experiencing depression goes through a different gamut of experiences and feelings. The one thing that works for all people is Stressidra from Bagdara farms.
Stressidra is 100% organic and has a high curcumin content which has the potential to help in all kinds of depression from mild to MDD(major depressive disorder)
Curcumin with its powerful anti-inflammation checks chronic inflammation and helps relieve symptoms of depression.
A study published in the Journal of Affective Disorders in October 2014, researchers from several universities from all around Australia worked with 56 patients. These patients had MDD, and one group was given curcumin while the other was given placebo capsules twice a day for eight weeks .each group showed similar improvement in scores till the fourth week but from then on the group taking curcumin showed relatively greater improvement especially those with atypical depression.
- Curcumin enhances the production of glutathione which is anti-oxidant and is necessary for the health of your brain.
- Curcumin is useful in balancing the levels of serotonin, dopamine, glutamate and noradrenaline all of which helps in keeping one in an upbeat mood.
- Curcumin helps enhance the BDNF( Brain-derived neurotrophic factor) which helps in checking inflammation and also works wonders in boosting focus and cognitive abilities.
- Curcumin helps check tissue damage brought on by lipid peroxidation and also the level of antioxidant enzymes.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Curcumin inhibits and checks the action of pro-inflammatory chemicals like interleukin and prostaglandin.
- The same action also checks the activity of cyclooxygenase enzymes and nuclear factor kappa b.
- Owing to the efficacious effect of curcumin in Stressidra controls anxiety-like symptoms which are quite common in depression.
Thus providing the perfect foil for anxiety, depression mood swings without any side-effects (most over the counter medications cause weight gain).
With Stressidra you are armed to beat the depression blues without fear of any side-effects.