Lungs are at the epicentre of your respiratory system. Anything that goes wrong with them affects the entire body negatively. Up to the age of 25 years, a human being’s lungs experience growth. Post this, they remain in their prime for about ten years and then start a descent as age takes a toll on their capacity and efficiency. The airways are known to lose their flexibility over time, and the air sacs to become enlarged, making it difficult for your lungs to hold the air that has been inhaled.
This is the reason why older people often find themselves gasping for breath after doing routine chores like climbing a flight of stairs or walking around the house. Many seniors become dependent on others only because their lungs have ceased to function correctly and therefore; it is too exhausting for them to carry out their daily tasks.
Giving your lungs the necessary fortification early-on to enhance lung function and prevent age-related wear and tear to a certain degree, is possible through some primary activities.
Keep Your Lungs Healthy With These Easy Tips
- Eat more fruits like berries, apples, and bananas as they contain antioxidants and flavonoids that reduce the rate of lunch breakdown.
- Keep yourself hydrated as water keeps the lungs soft and supple, a characteristic that aids proper lung function
- Consider buying an air purifier for your home to eliminate the threat of air pollutants
- Exercise regularly for more lung strength and a breathing-friendly posture
- Get vaccinated for respiratory illnesses like the flu and pneumonia.
- Start taking a curcumin supplement or drink a curcumin enriched tea to give your lungs a healthy boost.
Teameric, a curcumin tea that is produced by Bagdara Farms in Katni, Madhya Pradesh, is an aromatic and flavourful beverage that can help protect healthy lung function if consumed regularly from an early age. Curcumin, a little-known compound that is found in turmeric, is a natural polyphenolic pigment that is loaded with innumerable healing properties. Many of these characteristics make it an ideal lung protectant when used regularly for the long term.
Most Beneficial Qualities Especially in the Area of Lung Strengthening:
- Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can reduce airway inflammation thus allowing trapped mucous to be removed. Such an effect helps ease breathing as the lung irritation that is causing the entrapment of the mucous is relieved.
- Curcumin has anti-microbial qualities that are quite effective in fighting off a wide range of pathogens that include those that cause pneumonia. Since recurrent respiratory infections are a common reason behind the deterioration of lung strength, regular consumption of curcumin can keep you safe from such diseases and hence improve your lung health.
- Pain in the chest while breathing in is a common problem encountered by older people. This condition is usually triggered by pleurisy, an inflammation of the pleura which is a membrane that encapsulates the lungs and the interiors of the chest cavity. The anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin help alleviate this problem and make breathing easier.
- Lung injuries also known as fibrosis can be a dangerous outcome of many things including arrhythmia and chemo drugs. As a result of such damages, the tissues in the pulmonary system get scarred, and breathing becomes a much more difficult task than ever before. Curcumin helps prevent such injuries by exerting its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects as well as accelerates the rate of regeneration of injured tissues.
- Curcumin can keep blood cholesterol levels in check thus preventing issues like atherosclerosis and arrhythmia, both of which are known to cause lung fibrosis.
Drinking one cup of Teameric every day can help you maintain good health in general and spruce up your lungs in particular. Brewing Teameric is an easy task. Just boil water and add a teaspoon of Teameric to it along with some cinnamon. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes and then pour it into a mug. Add a dollop of honey if you want to enhance the taste further.