What is Turmeric?
- Turmeric is a plant that belongs to the ginger family and by far one of the most potent herbs that helps in not only fighting but also reversing diseases on this planet.
- It is used as a chief ingredient in most of the Indian dishes. Mostly found in South Asia, it has been used for centuries as a spice and medicinal herb.
- Its distinct yellow color along with the spicy flavor that it adds to the food, it is indeed referred to as the Golden Spice.
- The yellow compound curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It not only has extremely high anti-inflammatory effects but is also a very powerful antioxidant.
Five Benefits of Curcumin in Livturm for a better Liver
It reduces blood sugar levels and protects the liver
- Our organic Livturm has anti-diabetic properties, which helps in lowering high insulin levels as well as glucose levels. As a result of this, the liver damaging HSC’s that can get activated is kept under control.
It helps in balancing leptin levels
- Leptin, also called as satiety hormone, is an enzyme which helps in controlling and regulating hunger in the human body. Increased levels of leptin (also known as hyperleptinemia) often relate to obesity and can also lead to liver deterioration. Studies that have been conducted have shown that curcumin ensured that leptin levels did not increase to a point where they promoted hepatic stellate cell activation.
- It is therefore evident that usage of Curcumin of high quality such as Livturm helps curbing the leptin levels which in turn protects the liver from getting deteriorated.
Helps against hepatitis infection
- Hepatitis, which results in severe inflammation of the liver is a viral infection. Cur-cumin, with its potent anti-inflammation qualities is thus a potential drug which can help with hepatitis induced liver cirrhosis. It has shown some great results in both type of models – such as Hepatitis B & C.
- Curcumin in Livturm helps to stall the replication of viral cells which helps in aiding hepatitis related liver problems.
It reduces side effects of alcohol consumption
- One of the major concerns currently the world is facing is that of Alcoholic liver disease (also called ALD). Because of an overconsumption of alcohol, there is lipid build up that takes places in the liver cells which causes cholesterol to also build up.
- Examinations done in the past have noticed that curcumin in Livturm reduces the harmful impact of alcohol to a damaged liver. Also the research proved that it lowered the enzyme markers of the disease along with the reduction of lipid cells.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease, results in toxic radicals in the body, and Livturm helps in efficiently eliminating it out of the body because of its antioxidant properties that gets activated once it is consumed.
- We can thus say that the entire lipid build up that takes place because of alcohol consumption is considerably reduced with Livturm through its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and enzyme regulating mechanisms.
- Curcumin’s therapeutic potential in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- One of the many diseases under the umbrella of liver conditions is that of Non-Alcoholic Fatty liver disease which generally effects people who have hardly to no alcohol at all. Researchers wanted to look into this problem through some natural remedies, one of them being the use of Curcumin and its effects on the fatty liver.
- After conducting some clinical trials, researchers found that Curcumin showed positive effects on NAFLD patients and the same was also published in Phytotherapy Research. It also brought about very beneficial changes to other parameters such as glucose concentrations, LDL levels as well as reduction in fat.
- In an another study it also showed how curcumin helped in modifying the liver enzymatic reactions in the body in a way that the BMI (Body mass index) as well as the circumference of the subjects decreased.
- Livturm when administered helps in lowering the cholesterol, lipid levels, BMI as well other indicators of obesity, therefore protecting the liver from any further damage.
It is very evident that the use of curcumin helps in a lot of diseases related to the live.
Livturm that is produced in our farms is not only organic, but also anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-fungal which is enriched with Curcumin and is 100% vegetarian. Regular use of it would help in naturally healing the liver as well as aid in a better healthy living.
Click here for more details: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9863273