By Oral hygiene, we mean to keep your mouth clean and free from all kinds of problems. These comprise of issues like bad breath and other mouth infections. This can be achieved by regular brushing and following the correct method of brushing. The most common types of oral diseases are Tooth decay including dental carries, cavities and gum diseases like gingivitis. Also, if you are facing any of the above oral problems like bad breath, tooth decay or others, then you can maintain a good oral hygiene with curcumin supplements and that too naturally without having to visit dentists again and again. Find out how in this article:
Maintain a Good Oral Hygiene with Curcumin:
- Curcumin has strong anti-microbial characteristics. It is quite effective against a range of bacteria and viruses. A mouthwash made of simply distilled water and curcumin can help in not just removing an existing growth of bacteria in the mouth but also creating an environment in the mouth that discourages the re-growth of bacteria that cause bad breath. Curcumin induces apoptosis in bacterial cells by penetrating their membranes. Curcumin kills the bacteria. As a result, it doesn’t multiply in the mouth.
- Curcumin is very effective in preventing the buildup of plaque in between the teeth. Plaque in between the teeth is a breeding ground for bacteria. By using a curcumin mouthwash you can prevent the growth of such bacteria by avoiding the formation of plaque altogether. Chlorhexidine is a chemical that is added to commercial mouthwashes to make them effective against plaque. Studies have shown that curcumin is just as effective as chlorhexidine in preventing plaque. In that case, it is definitely better to use a curcumin mouthwash instead of one laced with chemicals.
- Gum inflammation is another reason for bad breath. If your gums are plagued by gingivitis or if you have cavities in your teeth, you definitely have an excess of bacteria that will produce bad breath. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin tone down the inflammation while the antibacterial properties take care of the bacteria.
Chronic Bad Breath, also known as halitosis, can be a major source of embarrassment. Many people who suffer from halitosis are not even aware of the fact they have it. Often they become the butt of mean jokes at the workplace or between friends. Sometimes, it is difficult to figure out the causes of bad breath. Mostly, if you have a regular oral hygiene routine that should ideally ensure minty fresh breath throughout the day. The inability to find the source of the problem and rectify it is a huge issue and can cause considerable psychological distress.
Halitosis is in fact a medical condition which can arise from any of the following reasons:
- Bacterial Overgrowth – An excess of bacteria inside your mouth can be the reason behind that foul smell from your mouth. That could be the reason that people are repelling away from you. Brushing your teeth three times a day, using dental floss, and gargling with a mouth wash regularly should help you clear the bacterial presence on a continuous basis. There are some natural substances too that serve as great remedies for flushing out the bad breath causing bacteria.
- Diseases and their medications– Certain diseases can also induce halitosis as a side effect. Poor digestion, diabetes and kidney disease can all cause halitosis. Some medicines leave not just leave a bad after taste in the mouth but also an odor that is difficult to beat. Ear, nose and throat infections too can cause bad breath
- Certain foods tend to leave a bad odour in the mouth after you have eaten them. Onions and garlic are major perpetrators of bad breath
- Alcohol and cigarettes are both very bad for dental hygiene in general. All those who drink are aware of that putrid smell that emanates from their mouth after a night of alcohol binging. Similar smokers too sport a characteristic bad breath that does not go away easily.
- Dehydration can cause chronic bad breath since it is important for the mouth to be moist at all times because saliva can help keep the mouth clean.
Natural remedies for Chronic Halitosis
Apart from following a good dental hygiene regimen it may be helpful for those who have chronic halitosis to look at some natural remedies for dealing with it. Curcumin is one such substance that can be of immense help to those suffering from constant bad breath. We all know Curcumin is a polyphenol that is found in turmeric. It has several healing properties because of which it is very well-known amongst those who prefer natural methods of cure. In case of halitosis, curcumin can do wonders as it has several properties that improve oral hygiene.
How Does Oromin Improve your Oral Hygiene
Bagdara Farms has created Oromin a fantastic curcumin rich supplement. Oromin is made with curcumin that is grown at Bagdara which is blessed with extremely fertile soil. Bagdara enjoys its proximity to the Bandhavgarh forests in Katni, Madhya Pradesh. The cultivation of curcumin here is an art in itself. As every precaution is taken to ensure that no chemical residues creep into the produce. This high quality curcumin is then used to make supplements like Oromin. Oromin can be used as a mouthwash as well as toothpaste. It can be left on to the teeth for some time and then washed off to remove stains as well. By using Oromin regularly you can beat halitosis hollow. Get your life back in order by bringing home a jar of Oromin today!