BUILD A CURCUMIN SHIELD AROUND YOUR HEART
The human heart is one of the most indispensable organs in the body. The primary function of the heart is to pump oxygen rich blood to all parts of the body, so that tissues and organs get the nutrition they need. It is also responsible for expelling carbon dioxide and other toxins from the body. The heart is made up of four chambers. The upper chambers are called atria while the lower chambers are known as the ventricles. There is a muscular wall that bisects the heart into two halves – the left and the right. This wall is known as the septum. The entire heart is encapsulated in a sac called the pericardium. This sac has a double lining and between these two layers there is a fluid known as the pericardial fluid. This fluid makes it easier for the heart to expand and contract while beating. The heart itself has three layers of lining. These three are known as epicardium (outermost), myocardium (center) and endocardium (innermost). The atria and the ventricles are connected to each other through valves.
A malfunction of any one of these parts of the heart can lead to very serious repercussions. This is because each one of these parts is needed to work efficiently in order to have a healthy functioning heart and body. Over years many scientists have tried to come up with proactive remedies that can help keep all parts of the heart healthy. Apart from regular exercise and a healthy diet, people these days are opting for natural supplements that will keep their hearts functioning properly for a longer time. One such supplement is curcumin. Curcumin is a natural polyphenol that is found in the common household spice – turmeric. The magical healing nature of turmeric is derived wholly from Curcumin. As most other organs, even the heart can benefit a great deal from regular consumption of a curcumin supplement.
Here Is How Curcumin Can Help Keeping The Heart Healthy And Pumping Efficiently For A Longer Time:
- Cardiac hypertrophy or an enlarged heart is a condition that occurs when the muscles of the heart like the septum starts to thicken thereby reducing the size of the chambers. Studies conducted on mice suggest that curcumin can help in avoiding hypertrophy by inhibiting the activity of the marker gene that triggers cardiac hypertrophy.
- Endocarditis, an infection of the endocardium can also be treated with the help of curcumin supplements. The anti-microbial nature of curcumin helps in targeting and annihilating the microbes that attack the endocarditis and thus help in curing the infection
- Myocarditis is a condition in which the myocardium starts to get inflamed. Again, the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin can help here by inhibiting the activity of inflammation causing chemicals and enzymes in the body. This brings relief to the patient and also allows the heart to heal faster.
- Curcumin possesses strong anti-thrombotic properties that help in reducing the chances of platelet aggregation that leads to formation of clots. Excessive clot formation is a reason for heart attacks. Regular Curcumin supplementation can help avoid clot formation and as a result prevent heart attacks.
- A study conducted on healthy middle aged men and post menopausal women by Jessica R. Santos-Parker, Talia R. Strahler, and Douglas R. Seals shows that taking a curcumin supplement regularly improves the conduit artery endothelial function. This happens because Curcumin increases the bioavailability of nitrous oxide as well as reduces the oxidative stress associated with the vascular system.
Clearly, curcumin has a good effect on every part of the heart. It is essential though to choose the right curcumin supplement especially in light of all the adulteration prevalent in the food industry these days. Cardimin is a natural curcumin rich supplement produced by Bagdara Farms. It is made from curcumin that is organically and lovingly grown at Bagdara and is devoid of any unwanted chemical residues. Taking a regular dose of Cardimin can have cardio-protective effects and keep you away from a host of cardiac problems.