We humans like to live a healthy, happy and a life that is minus any kind of stress. We even have our own thresholds and ways that we think keep us happy and of course healthy. However, it is a hypothetical condition, no matter how much we wish to avert pain and hope we live a healthy life, the complicated human body houses many maladies that affect us.
Pain in any part of the body does bother our day to day life especially the pain of the joints can be a crippling experience. The joint pain affects us physically, by afflicting us with chronic pain; it does affect us mentally, hugely affects our relationships and keeps us restricted which gradually affects our quality of life.
How to prevent joint pain?
Since the causes of joints pains are innumerable, the prevention measures too are different and specific for each disease.
How to prevent or delay the onset of this crippling condition?
- Avoid positions that encourage or nurture deformity such as:
- Tight pinching, when writing do wrap foam around the pen for an easier grip or when opening packets use scissors and not exert pressure on the finger joint.
- Tight gripping, decreasing stress on your finger joints by using a cloth or a non-slip mat to open the caps of the jars and bottles.
- Exerting excessive pressure on your joints is harmful and stimulates the growth of arthritis in your body. Use both hands for lifting weight or an object below the waist level, bend your knees and keep the back straight.
- Avoid sitting or standing in the same position for a long time, change your position frequently as holding your joints in a single position for extended period of time can lead to fatigue and pain in the joints.
- Balance, rest and exercise as it is equally important to maintain movement and strength, to ensure that the joints are not distressed.
How to prevent Gout?
- In case gout runs in the family, especially men should try to follow a healthy life style by limiting their intake of alcohol, fats and food that are more likely to increase the uric acid level in the body.
- Watch your weight and ensure that it is within healthy limits.
- Regular blood and urine tests should be done to determine your potential risk of a gout attack.
- Cessation of smoking is a healthy step towards preventing a gout flare up or delay of its onset.
How to prevent post traumatic arthritis?
- While it is difficult to say that this condition can be prevented, a person can minimize its wrath that it afflicts.
- A person suffering has to be cautious and conscious about ensuring that there are no injuries to the joints.
- Maintaining a close possible body weight can help as well, which simply means not to stress the joints and keep the weight low for your joint health.
How to prevent Bursitis?
- It’s important to protect and ensure that your joints are well cushioned and comfortable in the tasks that you are carrying out, such as wearing knee pads etc.
- Ensure that the shoes you wear for walking or running are properly analyzed.
- Take regular breaks while carrying out tasks that involve repetitive movement, which will avoid placing too much stress on one joint of the body.
- Also make sure that you vary your patterns of physical activity by carrying out different tasks or exercises that do not involve the same part of the body.
- Warming up at six minutes prior to exercising is also a way of preventing this condition.
- Strengthening of muscles around it will provide protection from further injury.
How to prevent a Charcot foot?
- Charcot foot is a condition that causes weakening of the bones in the foot, the bones are weakened enough to get fractured just by continued walking and the foot eventually changes shape.
- Keeping blood sugar levels under control can help in reducing the further progression of nerve damage in the feet.
- Be careful to avoid injury, such as bumping the foot or overdoing an exercise.
- Follow the instructions of the doctor for a long term treatment.
How to prevent Tendinitis?
- Take it easy and avoid activities that place excessive stress on your tendons, especially for long periods. In case you notice a particular exercise bothering you, you must stop.
- Modify or use a better technique for an activity that would not cause distress for the tendons.
- Stretching after workout, will help in maximizing the range of motion for your joints and this will minimize the trauma on the right tissue.
- Prepare your muscles to play, by strengthening them, so that they are able to with stand stress and load.
How to prevent Bunions?
- Avoid wearing narrow shoes, as they crowd the feet and maximize the risk of developing bunions.
- Wearing too much high heels on daily basis, heels force the body to tilt forward, creating too much pressure on feet and toes.
- About 90% bunions can be prevented just by making sensible choice of footwear.
- Walking bare feet in the house or using flip flops at home will give room to your feet and strengthen the toes with time. Walking barefoot makes the big toe work harder, which in turn makes the tendons and the ligaments stronger.
- Use cold therapy in case you notice that your toe is swollen and painful after a particular exercise or day at work.
- Application of splint in case you observe the big toe becoming crooked, especially at night can be beneficial in preventing it.
- Maintaining healthy weight is the key to keep off many health conditions at bay, including Bunions.
- See your doctor, in case you are at a risk of developing a bunion, get a proper evaluation done and follow the advice of the podiatrist.
What Are The Natural Ways To Prevent Joint Pain?
One must always consult a doctor in case of any health issue that might grapple us including the joint pain. However, many a times we find the most effective, natural treatment in our kitchen cabinets or in our grand ma’s advice, which is competent of handling the strongest of pain.
Can massage relieve joint pain?
- Massage therapy helps in relieving the joint pain by improving the circulation and soothing inflammation. A regular massage can improve pain, stiffness and motion of the affected joint. Use warm mustard oil mixed with turmeric or olive oil infused with fenugreek seeds and garlic.
Can hot and cold compress relieve joint pain?
- Hot and cold compresses can be effective at easing the joint pain. While the heat therapy helps in easing out the pain, maximize the blood flow and soothe the sore muscles and the joints, the cold therapy reduces inflammation and numbs the area around the affected joint. Wrap both the compresses in separate towels, place the hot compress for about 3 minutes and apply cold compress for a minute. Repeat the process 15 to 20 times till you get relief.
Can fenugreek relieve joint pain?
- Due to its antioxidant properties fenugreek is a common home remedy for joint pain. Swallow roasted fenugreek powder followed by a glass of lukewarm water. Do this every morning and positive results are assured. You can also soak a teaspoon of fenugreek in water overnight and eat it the next day.
Can apple cider vinegar relieve joint pain?
- Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing the joint pain by eliminating accumulated toxins from the joints and connective tissue. Plus it is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorous. Mix of one to three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and little honey in a cup of warm water, drink this before meals, this is sure to work wonders on your joint. Massaging the area with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil is extremely beneficial for your joint as well as your overall health.
Can cayenne relieve joint pain?
- Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin which is a natural analgesic and has natural pain relieving properties. Mixing 2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder with one and half cup of slightly heated coconut oil and its application on the affected area is a great pain reliever.
Can garlic relieve joint pain?
- Garlic is rich in sulpher and selenium and is very beneficial for those suffering from joint pains. The sulpher in garlic helps relieve the joint pain and associated inflammation and the selenium exercises an anti-rheumatic effect. Include raw or cooked garlic in your diet, fry 2 garlic cloves in mustard oil, when it turns black, turn off the heat strain the oil, and massage it on the area of joint pain. Do this atleast twice a day.
Can turmeric relieve joint pain?
- Turmeric is an age old, most popular and an excellent ayurvedic remedy for joint pain. The possession of the active ingredient, curcumin lends it the anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, pharmacological and a therapeutic nature. Researchers have widely acknowledged and compared its effectiveness with ibuprofen and found it to be equally effective at alleviating pain.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with a little honey in a glass of warm milk, drink it daily. This is now an elixir popular as the golden milk around the globe. Mixing 2 tbsp of mustard oil in one tbsp of turmeric mixed with burnet garlic and fenugreek seeds can be a great pack to be applied on the joint pain, it can be wrapped with a plastic sheet or a cling wrap in order to avoid the mess. Besides this, add it to stews, soups, drink turmeric tea, make it an integral part of your meals, by sprinkling its golden goodness in the salads and get rid of the pain naturally, without any side effects. Whichever way you want to use this wonder spice is completely up to you, but turmeric is the answer for the joint pain and innumerable health woes that might come to afflict your healthy self.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21669872