Dragon fruit! It only sounds scary, instead, it has numerous health benefits. Dragonfruit gets its name from the way its outer peel looks like a dragon’s skin. It was not a very famous fruit till about a few years but has gained tremendous popularity in the past few years. It a native fruit of South America but is cultivated commonly in Thailand, Vietnam, and China. The exotic nature of dragonfruit makes it very beneficial for hair, skin, and overall health.
There are two varieties of dragon fruit i.e. the one with white flesh and the other one with red flesh and both have a cluster of small black seeds that are edible with a crunchy texture and tastes like a kiwi and pear.
As attractive as it looks, dragon fruit is also very high in its nutrient content with many vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in it. It is also rich in carotene, antioxidants, some proteins as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids which have numerous health benefits. It is also considered good for the heart as it has a substance called captin in it.
The Major Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit Are
- It lowers blood sugar levels, cholesterol, improves the overall cardiovascular health, and also helps to deal with stomach problems.
- Dragon fruit also boosts brain function, immunity, and repairs the damaged body cells. It is also proven to be effective in weight management as well as preventing cancer.
- Arthritis patients will benefit a lot from its regular consumption as it helps to ease the arthritic pain and helps to get stronger teeth and bones.
- Dragon fruit is a miracle fruit for skincare woes.
- Along with fighting signs of aging, it also helps treat acne, soothe sunburned skin, and makes the skin smooth and supple.
- It is also considered to be very helpful for a great mane of hair and takes care of unhealthy hair to revive the shine and thickness to the hair.
Thus, go and buy dragon fruit and keep it healthy.