In this fast-paced world, everyone has to work. Work entails standing on one’s feet for hours or our feet hanging for long hours. The problem is when we get back home we take care of every other part of our body except our feet. So if a hard day at work leaves us with a cur and bruise we just brush it off as a minor problem, which will go away on its own.
But that is not the case and one such frequent problem is foot ulcers.
A foot ulcer —-is an open sore, this can be like a shallow red crater where only the top layer of the skin is involved or it can be a very deep one.
If you have a very deep foot ulcer that means you have a crater so deep that the entire thickness of the skin including the tendons, bones, and other deep structures is involved.
If you have diabetes or suffer from ailments that affect blood circulation you are more likely to develop foot ulcers. Even a small ulcer for people with these conditions can lead to serious problems.
If not taken care of at the right time a foot ulcer might get infected and develop into
- Abscess – a pocket full of puss
- Cellulitis— wherein infection of the skin and underlying fat
- Osteomyelitis—you might develop a bone infection
Are you More Susceptible to Getting Foot Ulcers?
If you have any of the following health conditions you need to be wary as you are more susceptible to developing foot ulcers
- Peripheral neuropathy: when the nerves in your feet are damaged and not able to send the warning about pain and discomfort.
- If there are any abnormalities in the structure and bones of the feet.
- Raynaud’s phenomenon
You need to be on the lookout for these signs:
- A foot ulcer looking like a red crater.
- Ulcers are usually located on the side, the bottom of the foot, top or tip of the toe.
- If the crater is round and is surrounded by a border made up of the calloused thick crater.
- The red crater is so deep that the tendons or bones are exposed.
When the nerves are healthy the ulcer causes a lot of pain and discomfort but if the nerves are damaged then the person will not feel the pain and not realize that the ulcer needs attention. The delay will lead to serious damage.
How much time will be required for the ulcer to heal will vary based on
- The depth of the ulcer
- There is sufficient blood circulation so as to supply oxygen and nutrients
- The ulcer can be given protection from rubbing or pressure
- If there is an infection.
Precautions to Prevent Foot Ulcers
These precautions will help prevent and in case you have a foot ulcer help take care:
- Feet must be examined regularly
- Maintain a good foot hygiene regimen
- Wear shoes that are of a proper fit
- Always wear clean absorbent cotton socks
- Keep your nails neatly trimmed
- Extra cautious approach if you are a diabetic especially when it comes to redness, soreness, ulcers, etc.
Don’t let the foot ulcers keep you from having a good life and enjoying your fun sports and dancing—you can leave the foot-care to Solecare from Bagdara farms.
Solecare is the perfect foil to all foot problems as it is 100% and is high in mercurial Curcumin.
- Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal agent.
- This property keeps the skin protected from all infections and keeps it healthy.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Curcumin keeps any form of swelling away and also keeps check on dryness.
- Curcumin also exerts an inhibiting action on the pro-inflammatory mediators which keeps inflammation in check.
- By increasing the potency of (PPAR- γ) Curcumin helps attenuate inflammation.
- The dynamic antiseptic properties of curcumin prevent the spread of any kind of infection.
- The immune system gets a boost due to the anti-oxidant and therapeutic properties of curcumin as it removes free radicals and bacteria which may lead to infection.
- The high anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of Curcumin keep the spread of infection in check and also annihilating the source of the infection.
- The heels stay moisturized due to the powerful pharmacological action of curcumin which in turn prevents the hardening and skin and ulcer formation.
- Curcumin exerts a dynamic antiseptic action and combats infections and also prevents sepsis.
Pamper your feet with the goodness of Solecare and then be ready to step out and enjoy your day.