Hypothyroidism: Treatment and control
I once met a very charming lady on a train journey from Delhi to Bangalore. As we struck up an interesting conversation, I thought to myself that here is someone who could score a perfect ten on ten if she were to participate in a personality contest. However, there was one physical attribute of her persona that she seemed rather conscious about and this was her weight. Almost as if she was apologizing to the world for it, she confided that she suffered from hypothyroidism and no matter how much she exercised; the fat would just not quit her body. With tears in her eyes she mumbled that she had lost her will to fight anymore against the disease and the obesity that it brought along.
As it turns out there are hundreds of such people who feel helpless when all their efforts towards weight loss fall short due to hypothyroidism. Women in particular fall prey to this disease more than men. It is said that 20% of women over the age of 60 have hypothyroidism. This is quite a staggering percentage. A huge number of women in India silently suffer from this disease and its crippling side effects which range from obesity to infertility to irregular and painful menses. A large number of hypothyroid patients do not even know that they are suffering from it!
As is the case with most diseases, there is a long list of medications that doctors prescribe for controlling hypothyroidism. A large number of these medicines simply provide temporary symptomatic relief but fail to cure the root cause of the disease. Thankfully, the kind people at Bagdara Farms in Katni, Madhya Pradesh, have developed an organic, 100% natural product called Thyromeric using an ancient Indian spice – curcumin that has been known for its healing properties since time immemorial. When consumed regularly, Thyromeric helps patients suffering from hypothyroidism to not just effectively manage their symptoms but also prevent the disease altogether.
How something as simple as curcumin solves all the woes of hypothyroid patients, one may ask.
- Curcumin is a power packed substance. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-microbial properties which makes it perfect for the treatment of hypothyroidism.
- The key reason for the manifestation of hypothyroidism is the faulty functioning of the thyroid gland which starts to work slower than usual, thereby producing less amount of the thyroid hormone than actually needed by the body.
- Curcumin is known to reverse the reduction in the size of the thyroid gland and also maintain the thyroid hormone production at an acceptable level. Thyromeric, with its curcumin rich composition is thus a boon to patients of hypothyroidism.
- Thyromeric also has additional benefits. For instance, it is known to have potent anti-carcinogenic or, in other words, anti-cancer properties. It stops cancerous tumors from growing in the body which is beneficial for patients suffering from thyroid disorders since these people are more susceptible to thyroid cancer. The anti-inflammatory properties of Thyromeric help in relieving inflammation caused due to thyroid disorders. The antioxidant properties of Thyromeric keep the rest of the organs shielded from any harm.
- If Thyromeric was taken as per the prescribed dosage for an extended period of time along with regular exercise and diet control, there is no doubt that it will lead to successfully getting rid of hypothyroidism and its nagging symptoms.
The recommended Thyromeric blend and its dosage to treat thyroid are as follows:
- ½ a teaspoon of Thyromeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- Coconut milk
Mix all of the ingredients mentioned above in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Take this twice every day.
A certain section of people should avoid taking Thyromeric. These are as follows:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People suffering from a bleeding disorder
- People who are about to undergo a surgery of any kind
- People who have a gall bladder obstruction
Additionally, Thyromeric should not be taken on an empty stomach. This may cause acid reflux. Thyromeric should also not be taken in conjunction with any other supplements as there is a chance that these may react unfavourably.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26826337