It is one thing to damage your heart by leading an unhealthy and irresponsible lifestyle and quite another thing to be born with a heart that is already damaged. In the first scenario, the patient knows that he has invited heart trouble upon himself whereas in the second scenario the patient is just plain unlucky. This second condition is known as Congenital Heart Disease (CHD). Any portion of the heart – the valves, the walls, the arteries and veins can be affected by CHD. Unfortunately for some, they are born with a defect in one or many parts of the heart.
Congenital Heart Disease can be diagnosed at birth. Sometimes the fetus develops certain conditions in the womb. The physician can spot CHD in an infant by looking for the following symptoms:
1. Rapid breathing
2. Blue-grey skin
3. Poor blood circulation
4. Low-birth weight
5. Chest pain
The Risk Factors Of CHD Are As Follows:
1) Babies who are born to mothers who have had rubella or German measles during pregnancy are more susceptible to defects in the heart.
2) Mothers with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes have a higher probability of giving birth to babies with CHD.
3) Women who continue drinking alcohol during pregnancy have a higher chance of giving birth to babies with CHD.
4) Smoking during pregnancy also increases the risk of having babies with CHD.
5) If CHD runs in the family, the expecting mother is more likely to give birth to a baby with CHD.
If left untreated, CHD could lead to the following complications:
1) Arrhythmia – Irregular heartbeats could lead to sudden cardiac death.
2) Endocarditis- Also known as heart infection, can be a complication of CHD. Endocarditis is the infection of the inner lining of the heart.
3) A defective heart could allow a blood clot to pass through and reach the brain causing a stroke.
4) When the heart is defective, its ability to pump blood effectively starts to dwindle with time. This could lead to heart failure.
Curcumin For Treating CHD
Curcumin is a simple spice that is used extensively in Indian cooking. The medicinal properties of this spice though are many. These properties help in treating and managing a range of diseases, from complex conditions like strokes to common conditions like the flu. Even CHD can be managed more efficiently with a curcumin supplement. This is because:
1) Curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in preventing arrhythmia by affecting calcium homeostasis. Calcium homeostasis refers to a delicate balance of calcium levels in the body. Any imbalance in these levels causes cardiac problems like arrhythmia. Arrhythmia is a common complication of CHD and it can be avoided by curcumin supplementation.
2) Alcohol consumption during pregnancy leads to defective development of the baby’s heart. This occurs because alcohol prompts certain genes that affect the development of the heart to over-express. Small quantities of Curcumin can reverse this and protect the baby’s heart.
3) Curcumin possesses strong anti-thrombotic properties that help in reducing the chances of platelet aggregation that leads to formation of clots. In a defective heart, clot formation is more common. Regular Curcumin supplementation can help avoid clot formation.
4) Cardiac fibrosis is a condition that occurs more commonly in a defective heart than in a healthy one. Fibrosis refers to the scarring and thickening of the heart muscles. This reduces the size of the chambers of the heart leading to arrhythmia. Curcumin reduces the production of collagen and instead breaks it down thereby slowing the process of scarring.
5) The antioxidant properties of Curcumin help in avoiding endothelial dysfunction that is more common amongst people who have a weaker heart owing to CHD.
Bagdara Farms is one of India’s few organic farms devoted to the production of excellent quality Curcumin and Curcumin based supplements. Nestled in the calm environs of the Bandhavgarh forest in Katni, Madhya Pradesh, the peaceful locales, the fertile soil and the pure air, all ensure that whatever grows here is absolutely high quality.
There is a whole range of supplements that are created at Bagdara Farms. One of these is known as Cardimin. Cardimin is specially tailor made to suit people suffering from CHD and other heart related ailments. It is made from Curcumin that is highly concentrated and organic. Also, the Curcumin used in Cardimin is devoid of any unwanted chemicals because it is grown without the use of harmful pesticides and fertilizers. So, if you have been fighting with CHD all your life, order a bottle of Cardimin from our website and bring a positive change in the quality of your life!\
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28405001