Alcoholism is a chronic disease characterized by uncontrolled drinking and preoccupation with alcohol. It is characterized by compulsive swallow despite clear, deleterious social and medical consequences. One such medical consequence is alcohol-related dementia.
What is Alcohol-Related Dementia?
- Alcohol-related dementia or ARD is a form of dementia caused by long-term, excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, resulting in neurological damage and impaired cognitive function.
- There are two specific forms of alcohol-related dementia:
- One is characterized by impaired executive function i.e., difficulty in planning, thinking and hearing.
- The second one is called the wet brain ARD also known as Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome is characterized by short-term memory loss and thiamine (vit B1) deficiency.
- Alcohol-related deficiency is defined as a long-term decline in memory or thinking caused by excessive alcohol use and a lack of thiamine.
- Thiamine is needed to provide energy to the body. It is especially important for brain and nerve cells as they require a lot of energy to function.
How does alcohol consumption cause Alcohol-Related Dementia?
Alcohol misuse can cause alcohol-related dementia in many ways:
- Regular heavy drinking over time i.e., binge drinking damages nerve cells as alcohol is a toxin.
- It also causes chemical changes in the brain and may lead to shrinking of brain tissue.
- It causes a deficiency of vitamin B1 also known as thiamine by interfering with the way our body stores and handles vitamin.
- Heavy drinking damages blood vessels and is linked to various other health issues like high blood pressure, raised cholesterol level, etc.
Symptoms of Alcohol-Related Dementia:
- Poor planning and organizational skills.
- Problem in decision making, risk assessment and judgement.
- Problems with impulsivity like rash decisions in any situation.
- Difficulty in controlling emotions.
- Problems with attention.
- Slower reasoning.
- Lack of sensitivity to the feelings of other people.
- Socially inappropriate behavior.
- Mental confusion
- Ataxia i.e., lack of muscle coordination
- Eye problems like involuntary eye movements, unequal pupils, etc.
- False memories
- Loss of memories
- Inability to create new memories
Binge drinking is dangerous because it raises the amount of alcohol in the blood to a high level very quickly. The more a person drinks, the higher is the risk to suffer from alcohol-related dementia. Even drinking on a regular basis even a little above the recommended level too increases the risk of alcohol-related dementia and various other health issues. To control the symptoms of alcohol consumption, improvised diet, regular exercise and a magical product called as ALCHORID is the solution to this ailment.
What is ALCHORID?
Alchorid is a magical product filled with the goodness of an incredible phytochemical called curcumin. It is an alternative herbal, organic product to help you prevent from alcoholism and its effects. As the name itself suggests it means riddance from alcoholism.
ALCHORID is an amazing product which has endless qualities. To name a few:
- It is gluten free.
- It is grown from wild strand.
- It is hundred percent vegetarian.
- It is free from any harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- It has neuroprotective property which is beneficial in dementia.
- It has anti-inflammatory property that aids in reducing inflammation.
- It is anti-carcinogenic that restores the daily hormonal levels in circadian.
- ALCHORID not only helps in protecting brain cells but it also aids in protecting brain from further damaging effects.
- Thanks to the presence of curcumin in ALCHORID it interacts with certain metals and prevents from the neurotoxicity.
- Long term uses of curcumin seem to prevent DNA from damage and prevent liver from harm due to oxidative stress caused by alcoholism due to its superb antioxidant property.
ALCHORID is an amazing product which should be made a habit to be consumed daily to not only get rid of alcoholism and alcohol-related dementia but to give a holistic protection to your body from the various harmful effects caused due to alcoholism.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24851695