Our gut-health is a major factor that defines the overall health of our body. From a strong immune system for better focus and concentration to an absence of conditions like migraine headaches, a well-functioning digestive system has an effect on the entire body. It is thus supremely important to ensure that the upkeep of your gut is a routine affair in your life.
The good news is that taking care of your gut health is not a very time consuming or expensive process. There are some natural spices and foods that have been used since ages to boost gut health. Amongst these the most innocuous yet highly effective substance is curcumin. Most of us have heard of and used the spice turmeric but very few know that the chief constituent of turmeric is a polyphenol called Curcumin. It is this Curcumin that makes turmeric highly beneficial in the treatment of a long list of ailments including those that originate from the gut.
Here are some benefits of curcumin in improving gut health:
- It is a common occurrence in countries like Germany for a physician to recommend curcumin to those suffering from digestion problems. Curcumin has the ability to stimulate the gallbladder to produce more bile which aids in digestion. Additionally, by enhancing the production of digestive enzymes like secretin and gastrin, curcumin helps in keeping the digestive system in top shape.
- Curcumin has strong anti-spasmodic properties. It is this property that helps those suffering from common ailments like stomach flu or even more complex conditions like Crohn’s disease to deal with the intense pain and spasms that they frequently experience.
- A leaky gut has started to become increasingly common these days. In this condition, the lining of the bowel gets damaged and hence allows toxins and microbes from undigested food to find their way into the bloodstream. This causes gut pain and fever. In the long term, it also causes nutritional deficiencies as the system is unable to absorb nutrients. Curcumin, if taken regularly, acts as an astringent that pulls together the proteins that form the lining of the bowel making the gutless permeable. In addition, since curcumin is an anti-inflammatory agent, it helps in toning down symptoms of a leaky gut.
- The anti-microbial properties of curcumin help in fighting the microbes that cause ailments like E.Coli and other stomach infections. By permeating the membrane of these organisms, curcumin enters their system and causes cell death thus wiping off the infection-causing microbes.
- Curcumin contains magnesium and potassium that help combat the effects of diarrhea like dehydration and fluid imbalance. It also stops the body from producing an excess of certain acids that cause flatulence.
- Curcumin has the ability to de-stress the smooth muscles that form the digestive tract. This helps in the easy ejection of digested food through the intestines thus preventing conditions like bloating and constipation.
- Curcumin is also known to improve colon health. The antioxidant properties of curcumin aid in the healing and regeneration of the glands that are found on the inner portion of the colon thus preventing the excessive growth of unfriendly microbes in the digestive system.
The above examples are just a few of many reasons why regular consumption of curcumin is advised in order to keep the digestive system in great shape. However, it is important to note that simply consuming regular turmeric that sits on your kitchen shelf will not help you reap all the benefits mentioned above. This is because the absorption and bioavailability of curcumin are very low and hence it is necessary to incorporate a curcumin-rich supplement in your daily routine. It is also very essential to ascertain the curcumin supplement that you are about to take is made using very high-grade curcumin which is not contaminated with chemical residues or adulterants.
Tummyric is one such curcumin-based supplement that can provide all the benefits without any side effects. Created by the folks at Bagdara Farms in Katni, Madhya Pradesh, Tummyric is made using locally grown curcumin. This curcumin is cultivated using organic farming techniques and without the use of any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers. Tummyric can be taken every day with a pinch of pepper mixed in a cup of yogurt. This is a refreshing recipe that has all the ingredients to boost your gut health as well as increase the bioavailability of the curcumin in Tummyric. Order your Tummyric today and pave your way to a healthier gut and an even healthy body.